PDA

View Full Version : Initial side effects ??

deb141
22-04-10, 07:14
i have been on fluoxetine for 14 days now, after tapering off venlafaxine. The last few days have been a struggle to say the least, i am having panic attacks, constant anxiety. I woke last night having a panic attack and so i was awake for hours concentrating on my 'attack' etc, i thought at one stage i was maybe having a heart attack. I eventually drifted off to sleep again, however i am very jittery today and considering taking a dizapam to calm down. Part of me wants to try and struggle through without resorting to diazepam.
Does anyone have any reassurance or advice please ? x

Bexmumto3
22-04-10, 09:54
I have been on Fluoxetine now for 4wks, this is the 2nd time I have taken them,was off them for just over 2yrs.
First time round I found that my panics did get more frequent & worse whilst settling onto the tablets but they soon became less intense & would start to build & then sort of fizzle out & then became less frequent & then disappeared altogether.
This time round they have done the same & increased in frequency & intensity, they have started to settle a little but I have had to increase my dose to 40mg now as I am still suffering with other symptoms.
Today isn't a good day for me either as I was awake with my son most of night as he is unwell so all my symptoms are much more intense today & I am quite jittery too,I'm going to try my best to relax, I usually get myself involved in online games to try to take my mind off things, I know not everyone can but I find it really helps me.
Hope your day goes well, stay strong, you can & will do it !!