PDA

View Full Version : Is this MS?

skippy66
22-04-10, 14:22
Well I should be glad this isn't heart related, but it's stressing me out nontheless.

About a week ago I was having numbness in my right little toe which came and went a few times, lasting about an hour. I figured it was due to a trapped nerve or something because the part of my foot below my little toe was sore from playing tennis. When the toe went numb, it went white as though the circulation was cut off.

Anyway, this symptom disappeared and I thought nothing more of it until just now.

I'm sat here on the laptop and suddenly I notice my right little FINGER is feeling cold and a bit numb, just like the toe was. It's not noticeably white like the toe was but it does feel cold compared to my other fingers.

I'm now panicking about some neurological disease or stroke or something, because I've had a migraine for the last 5 days which has affected the left side of my head, and I've read that the left side of your head controls the right side of your body.

So, little finger and little toe numbness/coldness on the same side, but not at the same time - anyone had this?????

I hate myself for getting anxious about silly little symptoms like this. It's ridiculous.

Dazza
22-04-10, 16:06
Hi,

I'm no doctor, but it sounds like nothing.

I've had countless symptoms like that, and was recently told by a neurologist that it's not neurological. :)

I think that we are just SUPER senstive to our bodies and as such our nervous system is constantly hyperactive, so we pick up on the smallest of things (which can often make the symptoms get worse).

skippy66
22-04-10, 16:20
Agreed. Thanks. It's gone now by the way. I'm having skipped beats and a numb finger fades into complete insignificance by comparison!!

Dazza
22-04-10, 17:07
I know what you mean.. I had lots of arm numbness yesterday (as usual) and then I had lots of pain in my left thigh, and of course forget the arm pain as i just diagnosed myself with a deadly blood clot in my leg!!!

Typer
22-04-10, 18:29
Agreed. Thanks. It's gone now by the way. I'm having skipped beats and a numb finger fades into complete insignificance by comparison!!

Although this is not funny, considering our other conversation Skippy, it did make me smile. I so know what you mean. heart palps counteract all other fears.

The toe and finger, definitely not a stroke.

If I type for too long I get it in a few fingers, and in my toes quite a lot if I have been walking lots.

I found this but wont paste all the symptoms/reasons...you know why :)

"Causes of Finger numbness:

The following medical conditions are some of the possible causes of Finger numbness. There are likely to be other possible causes, so ask your doctor about your symptoms.

Panic attack - can get tingling or numbness in panic attacks"