PDA

View Full Version : oral allergy syndrome

allergyphobia
22-04-10, 16:18
hi i just wondered if anybody else has this?? i think this is the root of my anxiety.

nomorepanic
22-04-10, 18:44
Can you tell us what it is?

allergyphobia
30-04-10, 12:07
hello nicola sorry i havent been on for a while.

oral allergy syndrome stems from hayfever and an allergy to birch pollen. when you eat some fresh fruit or vegetables it can make your mouth and throat itch, and this is the case for me with most fresh fruit especially apples. i have been googling a lot lately and i also had a blood allergy test that showed i have an extremely mild allergy to mixed nuts. my doctor told me that i do not need to avoid nuts as i have not had any adverse reactions but i am still scared.

cattia
30-04-10, 16:29
I have something like this when I eat certain foods, lychee and melon in particular always make my mouth and throat itch a lot. If I only eat them ocassionally I can get away with it but if I eat too much of them it gets worse so I tend to avoid these foods. I have also known it to happen with avacado. I have certain other allergies, I have hayfever and am allergic to cat fur. I don't think this condition is too serious, I think you just have to be careful what you eat and maybe keep a food diary to see which foods cause the worst reaction.