PDA

View Full Version : For those scared of needles!

hoppipolla
23-04-10, 04:13
Many people here may already know about this but I was just so relieved to discover it so I thought I would share it with you!

Topical anaesthetic creams!

The best seems to be Ametop, followed by EMLA! They numb the area so you can't feel the needle (or can barely feel it). Voila! :yesyes:

(again, sorry if you all already knew this lol ^_^ - I just hate needles so much so I am SO glad these exist!)

penny09
15-05-10, 17:12
hey,

I have a bad needle phobia, which most people seem to think it funny, or me just being silly.. anyway I recently discovered EMLA and what a HUGE help it was! I didn't feel anything! I will certainly be using it again if needed and who knows, maybe in time I will be able to go without it..

x

hoppipolla
25-07-10, 01:18
to be honest I still got a bit too scared to go ._. lol

maybe it's a phobia I will always struggle with a bit >.<

Hoppi ._.

leanne78
25-07-10, 15:19
I am sooo scared of needles (injections, blood tests etc) that I just avoid them, for me its not pain its the actual thought of it going into my skin.

I will try these never heard of them before and see if they make a difference.

Where would I get them from ??

Harri_23
13-08-10, 18:28
Leanne, I'm so glad you posted this! I know exactly what you mean, its not the pain its the breaking of the skin. I'm due for a blood test on Monday (after 2 failed attempts this week) and I've got diazepam prescribed by my doctor. I'm going to ask for them to apply EMLA cream too, and listen to my ipod at full volume!

:yesyes:

morkal
24-08-10, 07:46
i am nor scared of needles i can easily test my blood,...