PDA

View Full Version : My Citalapram experience

HannahN
23-04-10, 07:27
Hey everyone
Im new to this site and have noticed that people like to share their experiences with different meds. I hope to reassure people that Citalapram is an excellent method for their anxiety.
I was diagnosed with HA when i was 18 (last year), whatever started it off is a mystery to me, maybe jade goody's story. But when i found i could not cope anymore i found myself an excellent doctors surgery. They were reluctant at first to give me any meds as they thought i was too young but as many people proberly know here sometimes doctors need a little push so you can get what you want and in many cases need, which is reassurance and an escape from the worry. They prescribed me 10mg tablets of Citalapram. For the first 4 or 5 weeks
I couldnt sleep and seemed to 'mong' out for a couple of hours a day. I had a few palpitations and dizziness. After a week on the 10mg they upped me to 20mg which i was reluctant because of the side effects.
But one day when i woke up 5ish weeks into it i felt normal. My first thought was not whats wrong with me today but what shall i do today.
Anyway after 7 months of fantastic normalness I decided to take myself off of them, cold turkey. Now i wish I hadnt as my anxiety has just come back. But i will be seeing the doctor monday and I wish to start taking Cit again.
The ony bad side effect (which i still have) is a very patchy memory, but i try not to worry myself.
I hope i helped some people who are undecided on taking Cit.
Hannah

Vanilla Sky
23-04-10, 17:42
Hi Hannah
I was a bit unsure about taking Citalapram but I decided i should give it a go because my anxiety was so bad at times . Well I'm into my second week , have'nt had to much side effects just a bit of a headache and loss of appetite the first week but that has settled down now. I'm on 20mg and see doc next week so i don't know if he will put the dose up, I am still feeling a bit anxious but not to bad.
It's good to hear you done well on them and they helped you and i hope you get it sorted again
Paige x

Tiger
28-04-10, 17:15
I think 20mg is probably enough for most people. I would suggest you stick with it until at least week 5. If nothing happens by about week 8 maybe you should think about upping the dose.

If you're response is anything like mine, you'll know when they start to work. :)