PDA

View Full Version : really need some advice????

Hayley1982
23-04-10, 11:48
I've been back on escitalopram for 4 days now and i keep having panic attacks and today i got sent home from work because i kept feeling like i was swaying and my heart was pounding and i was being sick and felt like everything was unreal like i wasn't really there. I am really scared right now, i thought i was coping with work now i feel like i'm losing control i really can't lose my job i really need some tips on how i can get through this, i can't eat or anything! it all feels unreal please help!!!!

Brunette
23-04-10, 12:46
This is probably an effect of you restarting the meds.

Have you asked your doc for advice?

Hayley1982
23-04-10, 12:54
no i haven't if it's same monday i will make an appointment. Feel soo exhausted and scared. The meds can take up to 6 weeks to kick in. i hope these side effecs ease. my hearts still pounding.

agnes
23-04-10, 13:16
h26, from my experience the side effects will lessen. I began a new job when I first started on my meds and it was difficult but, like you're doing now, I got through it. Try just to take each day as it happens and not worry about losing your job. You are doing well!

Redrainbow
23-04-10, 13:21
Hi hayley,
Wayne here,,,you just have to take each day as it comes hayley really you do. I know it feels like your not going to get through it at times but you will i promise. If you feel that bad then yes take time of work and just try and relax. Try and do what makes you happy and take your mind off things, it really will help. Really i know how it feels and i know it feels at times like you wont get through it ,,,,,but you will!!! You ahve gotten this far with it,,,you will beat it Hayley,,,
From your mate Wayne xx.