PDA

View Full Version : Counselling at doctors surgery

hallam11
23-04-10, 13:29
Hello

I thought this was the appropriate page for me to post on about my counselling. I went to the doctor surgery on Monday for my counselling appointment and it went pretty well.I kind of just spoke about my past and what had happened. Alot of it producing many many tears, I spoke in very little detail about my intrusive thoughts as I felt like telling my story was more important so she could understand where I had come from and how I had come to this point. She said that the counselling was only allowed for six sessions which is a bit sad because I feel like I need support from a therapist for longer in order to understand why I am feeling the way I am. Anyhow she asked me if I'd like to go back next week on monday again for a session where I could focus on the intrusive thoughts. She asked if they were distressing for me, I answered by crying again, she said well as I can see you are very distressed by them so we can go into them fully on Monday. I am a little nervous about going, because in the back of my mind I always feel they are going to hate me afterward and send me to a mental institute which incidently I sometimes feel I should be in.

Anyway just thought i'd give my story so those starting their therapy now could perhaps compare to.Maybe we could talk and compare and support each other throughout our journey's to recovery

x