PDA

View Full Version : Drank from soapy glass

miss_moose
23-04-10, 13:49
Im just looking for some reassurance, it sounds like a silly thing and im hoping its common.

I just got a glass out of the cupboard and dranks 2 glasses of dilute drink out of it, it tasted abit off and wierd and now i have a horrible taste in my mouth.

Ive realised its because the glass had been washed in the sink with loads of washing up liquid but hadnt been rinsed, just left upside down to let the soap run out of it.

Now im worried because ive drank out of it, and you cant drink washing up liquid because it makes you ill.

Any reassurance please?

hannybun
23-04-10, 15:04
he hee i'm terrible i always do it i rush the dishes through, it wont harm you hun xx

Going home
23-04-10, 15:06
You'd have to drink quite a bit of undiluted washing up liquid for it to make you ill. It would've already been very diluted in the washing up water and also with the drink you diluted so I wouldn't worry about it, its only a nasty taste is all. I always rinse the dishes after washing them for this reason but my other half never does and sometimes I can taste the washing up liquid on a cup or glass afterwards...drives me mad but doesn't make me ill :)

Anna

miss_moose
23-04-10, 16:35
Thank you all so much :hugs:

It's really reassuring to know that it happens to other peeps too.
It's my other half that does the washing up and he never rinses anything off so it saves him time.

Thank you again xxx

phil06
23-04-10, 16:39
I worry about drinking from a glass incase it's chipped or has soap too. If there's dishes with soap I have to rewash them. If there's cleaning products near dishes I also freak out.

Don't think it's anything to worry about though. Soap is probably harmless if you clean your mouth with toothpaste or don't drink it or something. Like in the shower if you wash your hair probably no different to getting a bit in your mouth?

:)