PDA

View Full Version : Tooth ache

phil06
23-04-10, 15:46
Anybody else had bad tooth ache? Like today it's just come on and one of my teeth is stinging like it's pulling and just generally sore? How long will it take to ease? :unsure:

Maj
23-04-10, 15:56
If you can take ibuprofen it should help. It maybe needs a filling before it will completely go? Or do you even have sensitive teeth?
Myra x

phil06
23-04-10, 16:01
If you can take ibuprofen it should help. It maybe needs a filling before it will completely go? Or do you even have sensitive teeth?
Myra x

Yep it's the tooth with a filling that causes me most pain at times. I don't think it's been filled since about 5 years ago but don't like going to dentists. :shrug:

phil06
24-04-10, 13:26
I'm still getting a pulling, numb, stinging sensation from that upper tooth and because I'm anxious I notice it more and my saliva is almost drinking the tooth :ohmy: maybe making it worse..

anybody else had this?

phil06
02-04-11, 02:08
I have had tooth ache from getting excited my two front teeth seem to push forward and strain..I think my tongue also pushes them forward..my two front teeth stick out a bit..

anybody else had this?

pinkprincess
04-04-11, 21:54
hi phil,

have you got silver fillings in your mouth by any chance

shoegal
04-04-11, 22:27
This article may offer some useful home remedies. My friend swears by chewing cloves.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Home-Remedies-For-Toothache&id=230144

paula lynne
04-04-11, 22:47
For toothache I would recommend seeing your dentist Phil. I know you are anxious but if you want a professional diagnosis, and the problem solved, thats your only option.

scaredstiff695
04-04-11, 23:01
if you can get to a shop ntry oral gel its good works on me i have a lot of problems with my teeth due to over use of caffeine. snd its good
d

AllInMyHead
05-04-11, 12:22
I think you should go to the dentist, especially since the pain is coming mostly from a tooth that has already been filled. It could be that the seal around the edge of the filling has broken, and the tooth is starting to decay around the filling. I've had that before.

I know going to the dentist isn't nice, but if you've got a problem the longer you leave it, the worse it will be when you finally get it seen to.

Good luck x

joans60
05-04-11, 17:14
Hi Phil06
I would go to the dentists if I was you
I have had problem with my teeth this week and I am petrified of the dentists but have got to try and pick up courage to go
If you have got a problem about going see your doctor and he might be able to prescibe you something to take to calm you down
Good Luck

Joan