PDA

View Full Version : Is this progress...?

D_aisy
23-04-10, 19:07
Today for the first time in weeks and weeks I went to the shopping center to drop of a letter ALONE! It was work related so knew I could not say no because then I would have to tell others at work that I am a constant panic pants and didn't want to do that.
So I geared myself up, I drove there singing like a wild screaming cat, decided that I should park in a place where I have previouslly parked and had an attack (good start facing a fear?)
I set myself a goal which was to get to the bank without freaking out so I called my Mum for a chat on the way.... I made it to the bank without major fear :D BUT........... I started back to the car & I lost control, I felt like I had ran a marathon & couldn't catch my breath then the heart kicked in at 400,000 beats per second and then I stopped listening to Mum on the other end and was plauged by thoughts that I was going to have to pick a shopper to deliver me back to the car because I wasn't going to make it, but who would I pick blah blah blah :scared15:
When the car was in sight I just couldn't bring myself to stop I had to get there but I did notice that instead of running I was walking & then instead of crying I was panting so I felt more controlled. (I think this is progress but I can't be sure lol!) Last week this attack would have lasted all the way there all the way back & the drive home until I got in the house but today I MADE it stop at the car :) I am very pleased but as this is the first time I have 'acknowledged' and attack rather than fight it it feels new & weird!

Sorry it's so long! Danni x :yahoo:

onceagain
23-04-10, 20:09
Just wanted to say a massive well done you have every right to feel very chuffed with yourself .. you did fantastically well ...bravo ..and woohooooooooo :yesyes:

sb001f8994
23-04-10, 21:14
This is great progress. I think I bring on my panic by wondering why it hasnt happened for a while! But Ive also learned to send it packing. Its taken a very long time but I dont hide from the panic anymore I stand up and fight back! Sounds to me like you did the same, well done, we will beat these buggers yet!
Take care,

andrew
24-04-10, 01:41
Hi Danni

Sounds like great progress, you faced your anxiety, felt your way thru it and coped. Well done, take care .. andrew

D_aisy
24-04-10, 01:50
Thank you so much guys, It was all so new trying to face rather than run and I feel ace, i've even had a night out and felt 99% comfortable all night :) (admitidly I went to one of my 'Safe zones' but it got quite busy and I only noticed once! Encouragement really does work lol..... This is a fab site :hugs:
Thanks so much

anthrokid
24-04-10, 04:38
Danni, this is definitely progress :) Amazing job!
Never doubt that you are in progress, just the fact that you went and did the post alone is progress :) And you went out for the night! That's also great :) It doesn't matter that it was a safe zone, it was still night and busy so congratulations! Never simplify your acheivements, every single one, no matter how small, is a big step to recovery!