PDA

View Full Version : Urine issues (ladies)

cattia
23-04-10, 19:19
For about the past 8 weeks I have been having bladder issues. Every time I pee I get this weird sensation afterwards, not really a pain but a kind of discomfort, almost like a spasm? I think it is in my urethra. I have been three times to the doctor but today I saw my own doctor for the first time (he is hard to get an appointment with). He knows about my anxiety, and I told him I was worried this could be cancer or something neurological. He assured me it wasn't, he had a quick look around down there and said it all looks normal and it is probably some muscle spasms made worse by anxiety. Now I am wondering if it is something like interstitial cystitis, and whether anyone has had anything like this that has been affected by stress. I had a flare up of bladder issues a couple of years back, had a pelvic scan that showed nothing and was convinced it was IC but it went away in its own. I have some frequency but not much pain or stinging or anything. I just worry that this is something that's going to get worse and worse and will never clear up. Could this all be downto anxiety or is it something more?

suzy-sue
23-04-10, 19:31
Hi I have had the same more than once .I was convinced I had a bladder infection .Like you there wasnt anything wrong ..It was Just anxiety .Try to tell yourself its worse because you keep thinking about it ,It will go away once you become more relaxed ...All the best Sue x

mad-girl
23-04-10, 20:18
Hello hon, yes I know what your saying I have had this on more than once.
Going to sound funny but are you drinking enough water?? with mine I found increasing my fluid intake really helped, but you really shouldnt worry about it if you GP is happy that there is no UTI then more than likey the good old word anxiety is taking effect.
Relax hon.

Di xx

cattia
23-04-10, 21:05
Thanks ladies. It doesn't help that I am really uptight every time I go to the loo, then I try to relax and do some breathing excercise but the discomfort is still there which makes me think it is not just anxiety so then I get more anxious! It really is a vicious cycle. Di I do need to drink more water, I am hopeless at keeping my fluids topped up. I felt so much better after talking to the doc today but it never takes long for the doubts and fears to start creeping back in does it!?

Girl_Interrupted
25-04-10, 11:40
Hi Cattia, I to have the same problem with peeing! Had this on/off for nearly 2 years. I have been diagnosed with overactive bladder. Went to see a urologist as well, he also looked inside my bladder and everything was normal. I also take medication for it when it flares up. I would suggest be careful with what you eat, anything to acidic, caffine and alcohol. All can trigger an attack. Stress/anxiety to can make it worse.

PM me if you need any advice, i'd be happy to help : )

cattia
25-04-10, 16:38
Thanks Girl Interrupted, I will PM you :)