PDA

View Full Version : Christianity

mentaljail
24-04-10, 01:56
I blame Christianity a lot for how I feel today. I am a person who wishes the religion would go away and other religions like it. Watching the news today I was thinking and I really believe that someday if Christians get a good enough grip on government, they'll start burning the people they don't like as heretics again.

mentaljail
24-04-10, 02:04
I blame Christianity a lot for how I feel today. I am a person who wishes the religion would go away and other religions like it. Watching the news today I was thinking and I really believe that someday if Christians get a good enough grip on government, they'll start burning the people they don't like as heretics again.

I guess I'm being offensive to others by saying this, so I'm apologizing in advance. I'm gay, so I feel like American Christians, I don't know about English ones, just want people like me to disappear and so I thought listening to them speak on the news that if they were running the show here in America, I bet they would burn me at the stake.

oneofus
24-04-10, 08:02
mentaljail,

I'm Christian, but while I don't agree with your sexuality it gives me no reason to hate you. You are my neighbour even if we are, as one bod put it, two nations separated by a shared language.

This world is not perfect and the danger is that many Christians think we can make it perfect by the force of our own will, that will never happen. Our problems with sexuality, greed, violence, war, etc are a disease we all suffer from, we all fall sort of what God would have us be.

By argueing and criticising each other because one has one 'disease' which I don't have while not admitting I have another 'disease' is akin to the time when Jesus met the adulterous women and the Pharisees wanted him to agree that she should be stoned as required by their Law. He turned it on them sand said let the first one without sin throw the first stone. They all turned and left.

london
24-04-10, 12:17
i am Christian what your saying is wrong
i think you have more a prob being gay than you make out
did you do this post so people notice you

suzy-sue
24-04-10, 13:01
Religion in certain parts of the world is very anti Gay .No one has the right to decide what is or isnt wrong with regard to their sexuality . A lot of gay people have a problem at accepting their sexuality without being made to feel like they are unworthy,or suffering from a disease. People need to live their own lives and leave others alone ,What makes them feel they have the right to decide whats acceptable or not .Because people believe in a religion doesnt make them any better than anyone else .Being Gay doesnt make you a bad person .Its WHO you are in life ,not WHAT you are that counts . Being Gay in this country is more acceptable than in America . But there will always be the people who think you choose to be that way instead of , you are born that way .Hold you head up Chris , be proud of who you are and S*D the bigots in the world .You seem like a very nice person to me .Like the Bible says "Judge not lest ye be judged " ..Got that on my signature because it really says it all in my opinion .Take care Luv Sue x:hugs:

mentaljail
24-04-10, 18:03
Thanks for all the replies. I'm not gonna continue on this topic, it's to polarizing. Sue you are one of my favorite members, you said you were a mom, right?

suzy-sue
24-04-10, 18:16
Yes Chris Ive 2 boys one is about your age ..Some topics can be a bit controversial .But if you need to talk more about them .You can pm me hun .Thanks for that x Sue x:hugs:

Jannie2948
24-04-10, 18:18
Sue couldn't have put it better, you are who you are and if other's don't accept you then I think it's their loss. My very best friend is gay and I love him to bits. He has the perfect sense of humour and he has always been an absolute joy as a friend. I have absolutely never judged him or he judged me for what we are, we just click as human beings and accept one another warts and all. Not only is he gay but, wait for it, his partner is black!! and two nicer people you couldn't hope to meet, and his partner is a practicing Christian but they have a wonderful relationship.

Jannie x x

mentaljail
24-04-10, 18:26
:hugs: