PDA

View Full Version : Cant do this anymore, please help :(

ems1987
25-04-10, 10:39
Hi guys,

I've apparently had anxiety for 2 years. But over the past 4months the only real symptom i've had is feeling very spaced out, kind of dizzy but nothings spinning. I've been to the doctor many times and have a refferal to see a neurologist. I've also been doing CBT therapy for about 10weeks, which has hardly helped me at all because she says she doesnt think it is anxiety. I was on 20mg of citalopram for around 18months but gradually reduced the dose and i have been med free for 2weeks now. The doctor wanted me to do this to see if it was the citalopram that had caused the spaced out feeling, but it would appear not.

The past few days have been particularly bad, i constantly feeling like i'm going to fall over/pass out/ have a fit and i'm now completely at the end of my tether with it. Its stopping me doing things i want to do and making my life really quite rubbish.

I wanted to go to a&e last night because i felt so awful, although im not even sure what i'd say when i got there other than 'i feel really funny'.

If anyone has any advice please let me know, im so scared and so fed up of this now. -

Bexmumto3
25-04-10, 12:04
I have been feeling exactly the same for the last few months, have been really dizzy, had weak heavy legs, trembling inside almost like a drill inside of me, just felt really weird. I was started onto Fluoxetine as I was told it was my nerves, been on for a month now & last week had my dose doubled as still not feeling any better.
Have had blood tests, ECG, awaiting my ENT appt & was told if still continues will see a neurologist just to rule everything out but they are pretty sure it is still my nerves causing some symptoms but said my ears could be contributing too, hence the ENT appt.I used good old google and came up with MS & ME so asked the doctor about that but she said she thought it was highly unlikely to be either.
I have no advice for you as I'm still no closer to any answers myself & it is ruling my life at the moment but I am trying to reassure myself that it is just my nerves doing this to me & that I will soon come through the other side a much stronger person. x

Bill
26-04-10, 03:08
Insecurity and Fear.

It really scares me as i get really spaced out etc and convince myself im going to pass out.

You've written the above in a number of posts. I think you are in a constant anxious state which is amplified in situations where you feel insecure such as when you're alone, in the shower etc.

I think you're constantly focusing on your body because you're on a constant lookout for any feelings you experience because they frighten you so much. This means that you're expecting them to surface and when they do, you start to panic which then makes you watch for the next time they surface and so on.

I think your anxious state is being caused by constant fear of these symptoms and these symptoms then keep surfacing "because" you're so afraid of them.

When you learn to accept them as being "natural", they'll stop troubling you so much and you'll feel more relaxed which in turn will mean they'll surface less often.:hugs: