PDA

View Full Version : Please help... brain tumour worries :(

amy7
25-04-10, 12:39
Hi guys, just coming on here for some reassurance. I've been suffering from anxiety for a few month now, so bad that I had to take time out of work. For the past few days I've been getting a strange feeling on the skin around my eye, kinda like its tight or theres pressure there and its twitching although I dont think my vision has changed. This feeling starts in my eye and I can feel it down the side of my cheek, as if somethings touching it. It's fine when I wake up in the morning but as the day goes on it gets worse. I know its probably just muscular or eyestrain from to much reading but I'm starting to convince myself that its a brain tumour and I'm starting to panic. I just feel so scared and that no one will take me seriously.

pink star
25-04-10, 14:38
Hey Amy I am worried I have a brain tumour to as I have had a headache for 4 weeks now, been to the doctor and told its a tension headache due to anxiety but the fear is still there.

Peter_Scott
25-04-10, 16:47
OP your description does not sound like a brain tumour, I have had 12 weeks of daily head pain and am due a brain scan in the morning, but today i have come down with a cold and i dont fancy being in the MRI the way I feel, I am very upset as I need this scan, Peter

cattia
25-04-10, 17:42
It does sound like a tension thing to me, and particularly becasue it gets worse as the day goes on, which is fairly typical of stress / tension type things. I had a headache every day for three months and I was so sure I had a brain tumour, I had pretty much planned my funeral, but my doctor told me it was just a tension headache and by thinking about it every morning and wondering whether it was still there, I was basically bringing it on. He gave me a book of neck exercises to do every day and within about a week it was gone. It could well be that the pain you experience comes from neck or shoulder tension as there are lots of nerves and muscles there that go over your eye and cheek.

Phoebe604
11-06-16, 16:56
My headache gets worse during the day. I think my anxiety is fuelling it