PDA

View Full Version : Just feel Feeling rotten

phil06
25-04-10, 15:12
I'm not sure why I feel so rotten and peaky but I've been suffering anxiety but feel it's drained me. I've been that bad I was unable to leave the house yesterday and today.

I just feel ill and feel it's coming off my anxiety..depersonalization draining me. Little I do relaxes me, feel tired, churning stomach ect.. is it possible the Depersonalization is making me feel all weird and sick?

Just don't know what's wrong with me. :weep:

suzy-sue
25-04-10, 15:29
Im sorry you feel like this Phil .Its pretty awful and I did feel like this myself ages ago .I thought I was ill and never realised anxiety could make you feel so bad .Try to get some rest even if you cant sleep bad nerves need rest...All the Anx is making your nervous system worn out .The less you concentrate on it the quicker it will pass .Maybe you could try and watch a dvd or listen to some relaxing music for now ?.Perhaps your Dr can give you something to help you wind down and relax a bit more for a few days hun .Or maybe you could try some camomile or passiflora tea or a natural remedy like Quiet life ?..All I can say is what you feel is perfectly normal for someone with extreme anxiety and it will improve .Hope you feel better soon .Luv Sue xx:hugs:

Maj
25-04-10, 18:13
Yes Phil, I agree with Sue. You won't always feel as bad as this. Just take it easy and do something you like doing that relaxes you, e.g. watching a film, listening to music. You'll get your strength up again, don't despair. If you really feel that you are struggling then don't suffer alone. Have a word with your doctor and there's something he could give you in the short term to help you through this difficult time.
Myra x:hugs:

gypsywomen
25-04-10, 18:19
i agree with myra it will pass ,,,

phil06
25-04-10, 22:13
I'm a bit worried it's a bug as my dad has been shaky, feeling sick but he thinks its a change of tablet.

I've been shaky, feeling sick too but it eased when I took my mind off it tonight but felt a bit laggy still..

any ideas? My depersonalization never lasts full days it's normally hour spells...maybe my anxiety has got worse as my stress has been up..or could it be a bug? I feel unreal..but that's DP is it not? a bug can't make you feel unreal can it? :shrug:

suzy-sue
25-04-10, 22:26
Not a bug Phil .Ive only ever felt ureal with a high fever but I was too ill to get out of bed .High stress levels will increase your symptoms ..Try to relax a bit more .It will pass ,honestly ..:hugs:Sue

phil06
25-04-10, 22:36
Not a bug Phil .Ive only ever felt ureal with a high fever but I was too ill to get out of bed .High stress levels will increase your symptoms ..Try to relax a bit more .It will pass ,honestly ..:hugs:Sue

I just don't understand why I feel this way. I hope it passes. :lac:

Louise2009
26-04-10, 07:38
Hi Phil,

I am so sorry you are feeling this way and I do understand how you feel. Try to relax if you can, I always found that reading helps a lot, lay down on your bed and read a book. Sometimes I found I felt worse watching the TV - I don't know why. Reading seems to be a great distraction. Try to distract yourself as much as you can when you feel like this - one of the big things which helped me was to cook or go for a fast walk.

I hope you feel better soon hun, try to avoid eating sugary food and caffeine aswell. Let us know how you get on.

x

jothenurse
26-04-10, 12:38
Disstraction helps me sometimes - like reading and doing crossword puzzles.
I also take some Klonopin, a small dose, every day that has helped me relax.

Pudding
26-04-10, 13:50
Hi Phil

There is a bit of a virus going around which makes you feel like this too. I've had it and thought the same as you then I discovered when I came back to work that half the office had it too. The trouble is when we are anxious all the time we think it's that which causes everything but we are all off colour and poorly sometimes and it's not connected to feeling anxious. A little rest and paracetamol and you should be raring to go again (haha! hark at me, I'm never raring to go)!! Hope you feel better soon, luv Fran.

phil06
26-04-10, 14:02
A bit of an update:

Had a bit of a sleepless night dropped off about 4am. Got sleep until 12pm.

Felt a little better then slowly the symptoms of yesterday came back:

*Lagged
*Numb hands, mouth
*Shaky (not as bad though today)
*Feeling spaced out, unreal
*Don't feel like doing much
*Hot sweats

:blush:

phil06
26-04-10, 17:27
I managed to get a shower and go a ten min walk which is more than I done yesterday but I could not eat all my dinner.

I still feel spaced out what's wrong with me? :lac::weep: