PDA

View Full Version : everydays a challenege

cthechick84
25-04-10, 15:34
hello everyone
i havent been on here in a few weeks because ive been trying to get to grips with this panic and anxiety well to cut along story short i started takin prozac 6wks ago tuesday and 9 days in on them had a very nasty turn because i deceded to not take my beta blocker for 2 days and then i only took half of one which made my heart go crazy i was in a total state phoned nhs direct and heart rate was 120 i took my beta blocker while i was chatting to the nurse but i could still feel everybeat of my heart pumping which i knw is a good thing becos im alive but it bothers me so much anyway was told not to worry and it was frm starting the prozac an stoppin the beta blocker which i will never do again !i only stopped them because iwas feeling lightheaded all the time.so next mrning off i went to the out of hours gps an saw a lovely doctor who checked bp listened to heart and said my hearts a little fast because im concentracting on it and listeninmg to everybeat she also prescribed me 2mg of diazepam 3times of day which were a god send but my doctor wouldnt prescribe me anymore an where annoyed that i was given them becos of coming dependent on them well i was daught thinkin how am i gona cope without the diazepam becos they were helping me well doctor has told me to take 2 beta blockers 2 2.5mg 1 in morning and 1 at night which does the trick but am still lightheaded,not that im bothered because the heart thing bothers me more it scares the life outta me .i feel the prozac are helping but like every other day i get a great day and some other days i can feel on a downer i have to go out alot with the kids and sit in the garden or listen to my mp3 player to drown everythnk out of my head i feel better than i did 4weeks ago though but just not 100% i think im hoping for too much too quick i just get so scared if it happening all over again an being as bad as i was 4weeks ago totaly my lowest point ive ever had and the symptoms just get worse.im hoping that the prozac will build up an help me i was on them before and they did help me a great deal just worried there not gonna work aswell this time round ,so try not to have any postiveness an i guess that ,makes me feel worse just so need to be positive and if only i didnt feel every single heart beat...anybody else the same? study there heart beat an when they awake can feel it beating in your ears .just need some postive vibes and reassurance guys sorry to go on but i need to find some strength from somewhere .thanks lots of hugs c.x

cattia
25-04-10, 18:25
Hi, just wanted to say that it sounds as though you need to give the prozac a little longer When I was on them I started to have the odd good day after four weeks but it took about the same time again for the anxiety and depression to really lift. If they have helped you in the past, chances are they will do again. I have been on prozac more than once andit has worked just as well each time (three times in total). The lightheadedness could be from any of the meds you are on or from the anxiety and will most likley wear off as you get ued to the side effects and the anxiety diminishes.

Deepest Blue
25-04-10, 18:59
hi ya, I agree with cattia maybe need to give the meds a bit longer but also not to keep focusing on the heart beat as I used to do that as well and it felt like it would never calm, only when I didn't think about it or my mind was distracted I felt better. Also try not to drink anything that may affect it too like fizzy drinks or coffee/tea as this really made me feel worse too as it did today.. Take care and keep posting if you still feeling bad...x

cthechick84
25-04-10, 19:56
hi thanks for the replies both means alot .thats the trouble i dnt drink fizzy pop ,caffenine ,alcohol or smoke my lifes boring already i do have chochlate occassionaly and that does get my heart going jus hate it constantly in tears all the time feel hopeless just wnt more of the good days too come so i can cope and enjoy my babies thanks for listening xxx