PDA

View Full Version : Worry, worry, worry

jothenurse
25-04-10, 17:01
How do people ever stop worrying about everything? First I worry that my pulse is too fast (so they put me on beta-blockers), then it gets too low, so I worry about that (now they are starting to take me off the beta-blockers), then I worry that I might get the palpitations back, especially now that my counselor wants me to start pushing myself and going into stores, etc. I am always light-headed (I am on Klonopin, but I know my anxiety causes me to be light-headed also), so then I worry that what if I pass out in the store or when I'm driving? Then I try to remember my counselor says that I am not going to pass out and my doctor says I am healthy. It just goes on and on and on. How do people deal with this? My anxiety level would be just so much less if I could just have a better attitude - I know some people that just so "don't worry about it. Just ignore it." And they seem not to worry about things like this. Help.

mad-girl
25-04-10, 18:36
Hey. Wow everything you wrote sounds so much like me.
I suffer everything you just said, and its such a pain when people say try not to worry about it, as we both know that we will!!
I try so many different things to help control this feeling, and sometimes a shower and a hair wash helps, not sure why but I think what helps me is the different smells of the shampoos ( sounds weird ).
I am still trying to find something to help with the feeling of 'passing out' when driving and in the shops, i did try the herbal calms tablets - which i think takes the edge off.

Take care
Diane xx

joannap
25-04-10, 18:43
hi - every worried thought you have adds more adrenalin - more anxiety - more symptoms. you need to be very vigilant re your thoughts so every thought such as - oh no - will my heart beat too fast (which it is bound to do if you have more adrenalin in your system from worrying!) - you need to think - ok - it might - but if i stay calm it might not. if it does - it will do it no harm - it is just anxiety and i can always go back on beta blockers if i need to. This is not just an approach you take for a few minutes - you really need to start practising it all the time to feel the benefits x

jothenurse
25-04-10, 20:04
Thanks for your replies.

jothenurse
25-04-10, 20:49
Another thing I do is look up the side effects of medications. Like for Klonopin, I noticed way down the list it says it can increase saliva. So today now, my mouth feels watery and it is driving me up the wall. Try using mouthwash, etc. I know I shouldn't do that, because if I wouldn't have looked that up, it may not be bothering me now. Makes me panicky.

Bexmumto3
25-04-10, 20:59
Everything you put sounds so much like me, I won't go in any shops or walk anywhere for fear of passing out as I am always so dizzy & my legs feel so weak.
I too worry that my pulse is too fast & often find myself sitting there with a watch in one hand & the other taking my pulse to make sure, I know my resting is around 80 so anything over that I start freaking out which then makes it go even faster.
I refuse to take medications (apart from my Fluoxetine) as I had a reaction to some before so now I always look up the side effects and even if I really need them I still can't bring myself to take them, I had a really bad water infection last year but I refused to take any antibiotics as I was worried about the side effects it would have so I drank loads & loads to flush it out that way & fortunately it worked for me, dread to think what I would have done if that didn't work.
Just so wish that I could be that care free 'normal' person that I used to be, I hate this so much :weep: