PDA

View Full Version : mirtazipine and citalopram

JT69
25-04-10, 18:53
Just wondered if anyone has taken both mirtazipine and citalopram at the same time and at what doses and what experiences etc......I changed from cit to mirt some time ago as it was not being as effective as it had previously but am not alltogether happy with the way mirtazipine makes me feel either, now I am alot stronger I was thinking that I may try and change back but actually wondered if anyone had taken both at the same time???

Hel_is_heaven
25-04-10, 20:33
I haven't taken Mirtazipine. However I would recommend you ask your doctor before doing anything to your medication. It is not a good idea to chop, change, or mix medications as you dont know what the interactions are like.
Helen x

JT69
26-04-10, 07:42
Hi Helen

Thanks for replying....yes I would always speak to my GP first, I had just thought that I had read previously on the site that some people have taken both meds together and that was my question. Thanks again. Jo.xx

salhford
06-07-10, 15:00
Mirtazapine, an alpha2-adrenergic antagonist, does not enhance serotonin (5-HT) neurotransmission directly but disinhibits activation of noradrenaline 5-HT neurons and increases 5-HT neurotransmission by a mechanism that may not require desensitization as a function of time alone receptors.The hasn't for me is problem the frame if I do not take i cannot sleep for some reason, but I am (45 mg) and it affects everyone when I differently take it knocks me out.