PDA

View Full Version : ladies worries

pigtailplaits
25-04-10, 20:33
I have just had a smear and the result was normal. When the nurse did it she said she couldnt find my cervix and had to get a seperate piece of equipment to find it. Since she did it i have had a lot of pelvic pain, yellow clumpy discharge and painful intercourse. The result was normal so should I still worry about cervical cancer?

cattia
25-04-10, 20:55
No, you don't need to worry about that as it would have definitley shown up on the smear. If the pain carries on you could see your GP as it is possible you have picked up a bit of an infection, but most likley I would say it is just bruising from the smear. It's a tender area and takes some time to heal. Do you know if you have a tipped uterus? I have this (it's totally normal) and it always causes me issues with smears, makes them trickier to perform I think.

pigtailplaits
25-04-10, 21:04
not sure but my baby is only 6mts so could be that, think my mam has tipped uterus so maybe-would that cause pelvic pain

cattia
25-04-10, 22:53
No, tipped uterus would not cause pelvic pain, but it might make the smear a little more difficult which would make pelvic pain after the smear a little more likely. Also everything down there is totally out of whack after childbirth - my baby is 4 months so I know all about that! Congrats on your little one! x