PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety does get better

jsl298
26-04-10, 15:03
Just wanted to share some positive news and encourage everyone that things can get better.

I have had anxiety for several years on and off but it has been getting gradually better since some group CBT a couple of years ago and having made some friends at the group the continued support.

Anyway I went away at the weekend and managed the whole weekend without any medication. This is the first time I can remember doing this for years. it was hard but I did it and had a good weekend.
:yahoo:

So, my message is keep working at it, get help, follow the advice and things will get better in time.

joannap
26-04-10, 18:01
great news! i am just on 10mg ssri and am coming through an awful set back with no change of/increase in meds. it is very gradual and there are lots of setbacks to come through but if you truly give into it and accept it and work on changing thought patterns - it can be done - WELL DONE YOU!

Lauren Chambers
05-05-10, 15:38
Hey, I thought I would just say well done! I have suffered from anxiety for 3 years and have just started getting out a bit more then before when I would constantly be stuck in, I have also started getting on trains (only a couple of stops, not too far) and buses (again not too far)
At the end of this month I am going away for the weekend, just out of London and 2 hour train journey, I feel excited to test myself and my anxiety! I am hoping I will be fine! If I think positive it should go well!
I go to CBT, its very helpful dont you think!
Keep up the good work and keep posting :)

Lauren x