PDA

View Full Version : Sad and confused

ElizabethJane
26-04-10, 17:03
I'm feeling very sad and confused. I'm not sure where to post as I'm not depressed but I was crying this morning. My husband has returned from his travels to Saudi but I think he has left the person I married in Saudi. When I said that I was 'off' on Friday (my Dads birthday) his reply was 'oh no' I have been nursing this hurt over the weekend and just felt that it was inappropriate to bring it up again. Instead of apologising I just got a tirade of how stressed he was and I was insensitive to bring it up just as he was going to work. Well mornings are never a good time for a depressive so the tears began to flow. I am now labelled the whinging wife. Aha enter the assertive wife who answers back (still in tears) Regrettably my son wittnessed all this. I wish he had stayed in Saudi with the camels.

shaka
26-04-10, 17:29
HI Elizabethjane Im sorry to hear you feel sad I dont have any advise on insensitive husbands but know how you feel. Maybe one off the camels pxxx him off .I hope you feel better soon .sending you good thoughts Shaka

bottleblond
26-04-10, 17:39
Elizabeth

What an awful thing to say to you. It's no wonder you became upset. He obviously has the 'hump' over something!! :mad:

I hope he see's the error of his ways and apologises to you for being so thoughtless and mean.

Lisa
xxx
:hugs:

ElizabethJane
26-04-10, 17:59
I'm sorry to have to let it out on here. I fell out with one of my colleagues today partly because I was feeling upset I refused to help her (unlike me) I think that I have just got to let it ride. He was probably feeling jet lagged. We spend precious little time together at the moment and his job has squeezed out a lot of our leisure time too. I know I'm just going to have to learn to cope with all this as he is going away again in two weeks. At least he has a job and is the main breadwinner. My poor son thinks that we will divorce. We wont. It is that feeling I was depressed I am now feeling much stronger but I am still sensitive and have raw feelings. EJ

Maj
26-04-10, 18:00
ElizabethJane, there's nothing worse than not receiving any caring and sympathy from the person who you expected to give you some the most. Especially when your husband has been away from home. I can only assume that something really has stressed him and that he'll have realised by now how much he's hurt you. It's still not nice though. Some men just don't think.
Myra x:hugs:

happyone
26-04-10, 19:17
Hi hun, sorry your hubs has been an insensitive prat:mad: I truelly do not understand the workings of the male mind. I think that this might eat away at you until you get a decent talk with him. Hopefully when he is feeling less jetlagged, he will be more receptive.
Take care:hugs:

Happyone
xx

sb001f8994
26-04-10, 21:34
Men seem to be born with an ability to hurt you at the exact right time to do the most damage! Sometimes its the least amount of words that can hurt the most, how do they do this?
I hope you can sort things out when he's not so jet lagged.
Take care,