PDA

View Full Version : Newbee....anxiety, agraphobia etc etc

jellylegs
27-04-10, 13:35
Hi everybody!

I joined yesterday and have already posted and had some great replies. What a wonderful site this is........why didn't I find it 4 years ago!

Sorry if this doesn't make sense at all, I've only just calmed down after a very anxious morning, had to take a diazapam!!

I'm 24 years old and started with anxiety and agraphobia after having gastroenteritis and being house bound for a few months. The last four years have been really up and down at times i've coped so well and been able to get on with life. Since I graduated from Uni in 2008, I seem to have struggled with my anxiety a lot more.

These last 5 Weeks have definatley been the hardest I can ever remember, I'm not really sure whats triggered it. I don't know if it's a delayed reaction to my Dog passing away, She was 13 so I grew up with her and she was my life! I still find it hard to go for a walk without her!

Anyway this is getting a bit long! I came to this site really to see about peoples experience with medication and to try and get out of this current rutt and back to work!!

Off to fetch a prescription for Prozac this afternoon, fingers crossed it will help pick my mood up!

I wish everybody on this site the best of luck with everything, and I keep telling myself and others that once you get through this or learn how to cope with it you must come out a better and stronger person.

xxx

nomorepanic
27-04-10, 13:36
Hi jellylegs

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

jellylegs
27-04-10, 13:44
Thanks Nicola, had a read of your story yesterday and although I don't drive yet (too scared to just yet) I pretty much hate any type of transport, it started off with buses but now it's everything! The CBT was helping though so we shall see........

willitstop
28-04-10, 09:07
Welcome to nmp :)

I to suffer with the same things as you but this site is great fopr support

Baggs
28-04-10, 12:18
I took Prozac some years ago and it was magic - good luck. Baggs

Veronica H
28-04-10, 15:50
:welcome:to NMP jellylegs. you will find comfort, information and support here.

Veronicax