PDA

View Full Version : Depressed/anxious. Never going to feel any better?

Scooby77
27-04-10, 15:45
Hi,
This is the first time i've posted, but am really really struggling at the moment.
I have just (two months ago) spilit up with my partner. I had had break ups before but this has hit me for six. I've had time off work ( I work away from home) but am now back at work and actually have a real fear of going home now!?
I'm still not sleeping very well. I'm having psychotherapy and counselling. But I just feel so axxious, tense, wound up and slightly manic?
I'm struggling to see any point in carrying on with life in general. I absolutely hate feeling like this. I just want to feel ok, and normal again.

pheetuz
27-04-10, 17:09
Hi Scooby.

Welcome to nomorepanic.

I can relate with most everything that you have described below, the fear of going home is a wierd one that ive felt but not really mentioned to anyone before, just feels like apprehension but a million times worse.

I know exactly what you mean about wanting to feel normal again, I felt the same way when i was really suffering with anxiety but I can promise you the feelings do eventually pass, or atleast for me get down to a bearable level... Im still working on being 100% :)

You said that you were having some kind of therapy ?? Have you tried asking your doctor to refer you for some CBT ?? I really cannot reccomend it enough, has helped me so much :)

Just remember that there's always hope and that you aren't going to feel this way forever, it does get better.

/Pete

shorty1969
27-04-10, 19:39
Hi scoob ! I get the not wanting to go home thing now and then ,it is a weird one :ohmy:.. Unfortunetly for us anx sufferers when ever a bad bit of stress enters our life the anx rears its ugly head realy bad , i should know , i lost my job a few months ago ,had some debt problems , the social security treat you like you are a criminal because you try to claim incapacity benefit:scared15: so im probably going through pretty much the same ordeal as you with the anx and deppression . That has bein about three weeks now of panic ,deppression, and anx , im now starting to feel better , i just wont lie down it and ive bein here before with it , it will pass :yesyes:just keep your self busy , keep your mind occupied :winks:..
All the best
Paul..:bighug1: