PDA

View Full Version : cant live like this

bashley
27-04-10, 16:41
Hi i laid on my landing sobbing , i just got to that point where i can't take much more.i am really srtruggling to cope.
My ectopics are becoming constant my whole body aches, chest pains,heavy head. I cant go on like this i'm ruining everyones lives around me. I'm losing interest in everything. I hate being like this my docs are so fed up with me they just shrug their shoulders as soon as they see me ang tell me this is all anxiety. Surely i can't feel this awful just because of anixiety. I look at my children and don't want to drop down dead with heart attack as thats what i think will happen, i know i'm obsessed with my heart but its the pains and ectopics that scare me. A cardioloigist told me i'm ok and everyone gets ectopics but i've had these for 4 years and i'm so low i cry and cry. I'm so scared please does anyone really have these symptoms due to anxiety.

Bexmumto3
27-04-10, 18:12
Please be re-assured by the cardiologist that all is ok with your heart.
I too suffer with these as do so many on here, mine are worse when I am tired, stressed or weirdly when I need the toilet, lol.
I have been told they are due to anxiety but it doesn't make it any easier to deal with as it feels awful.
I asked my GP for an ECG as I was convinced there was something wrong with my heart as I kept getting these & also have a feeling as if someone is sitting on my chest & it's so tight, all was fine so I'm determined to take some re-assurance from that that my heart is healthy.

Sending huge virtual hugs, I know I've not offered any advice to help but I wanted to let you know you are not alone. x

shorty1969
28-04-10, 00:26
Went through the same thing years ago and every now and then tries to return , but i know whats happening and dont take any of its nonsense !! The more you worry and think about it the more it will happen , your stressing yourself out , you will have to try and calm down and try not to give them any attention ,, I know it drains the life out of you and it is very debilating , i got to the point where i said enough is enough and started some light exercise , then after some time took up karate , nine years on im still doing karate and i didnt die of a heart attack:winks:.. Trust me !! You are ok :hugs:

Typer
28-04-10, 01:53
Hae you been to RLR's site. After 10 months of these I am starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel and have hope again.

People who have had them 2 and 3 years are saying they are almost gone.

Bashley, like you I have been so down and terrified...People who know me say I look drawn and not the old me. I feel some days I cant go on...but since going to RLR's site, I am feeling a smidge better, which is better than worse.

RLR's site: (many of us on there)

http://palps.chemicalforums.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl

Also below is our Face Book group for palps

Kelley
28-04-10, 10:16
Hey Bashley.
I too am a mum who has suffered this torture almost everyday for the past 12 months. Before this, my anxiety was elsewhere so they went unnoticed i guess.
I have been where you are and at the moment they are with me again but this time i can put my finger on what started them (like booking a flight today)!! I can honestly say that being someone who has suffered eptopics constantly one after the other, day after day, that i realised a little while ago that they were purely being caused from being aware of them and then being afraid making them worse! I read a book by Dr Claire Weekes and every time they got on top of me i would pick up the book and read and read until they settled. By the time i got to the end of the book i noticed that they were so minimal that i felt some life light up in me again.....enough life to pick up where i left off in this world and began to re-focus. This resulted in me actually forgetting about them for some time. I have recently become a little bored and slightly anxious which has got them started once again (but not as bad as previously) I really thought when i was at my darkest point that i could not go through life with a heart beating this way as i believed there was no way out, but please be assured that at some stage, you will see them ease. Read some good self help books, read all the posts and websites that have been recommended on here and most importantly learn to accept that they are there, they are not dangerous, they respond to your thoughts and therefore can be controlled! You are in charge so take a stand and say "NO MORE", this is your body, your life and nothing is going to decide for you how your heart beats, it's all in your control.

Stay in touch :)

Kel x

Typer
28-04-10, 12:55
What a nice, and inspiring post Kelly.

bashley
28-04-10, 14:47
ah thanks to you all for taking time to reply, it does help knowing i'm not alone with these dreaded beats.

Lisa x

joannap
28-04-10, 17:51
please accept your doctors reassurance. the best way to get rid of these beats is to exercise and yes - i felt so awful when i first started with anxiety that i thought i had something like leukemia. it is hard to accept we are doing it to ourselves but you are making yourself ill through obsessing over your heart and this is what is leading to the depression. our poor bodies are only reacting naturally with fear because you are convincing yourself that something is wrong. the more you focus on a symptom - the worse it seems to get. go out - enjoy your kids - start enjoying life again - your heart will continue to do its job like it has for the last four years and for many years to come!

Kelley
01-05-10, 10:57
Thanks for the encouragement Typer!
Lisa, If it makes you feel better, mine have been around for about a week now, but i'm not stopping for them. I'm acknowledging they are there and accepting that they will pass if i allow them to. And they will.
How are you feeling lately?

Miss Manic Panic
08-05-10, 21:13
Hi Bashley,

Your not alone! These symptoms are totally normal for someone with anxiety.I have just had an ECG and 7 Day Cardio Monitor..I was convinced something was seriously wrong with my heart.I often feel the palpitations and am sure that I could drop down dead at any second. You need to remember that your are strong..your body is strong and that is not going to happen! Remeber there are other signs if there is something wrong with your heart and if professionals have told you that your fine then you are:o)

I have thought many times "This CANT be just anxiety" "There must be something medical wrong..hole in the heart..collapsed valve..etc" but it IS just the anxiety.It creates the symptoms.The heart is sensitive to stress and so anxiety has a direct impact on it. Try slow breaths ( breath in for 5 and out for 7) and visualizing warmth spreading out from your heart.Like Kelley says..its your body..your in control.Remeber that xx

Take Care,

marie1974
08-05-10, 23:16
big hugs hun, please try keep busy, less thinking time and less panic time, i know its hard but u can get through this. xxxx