PDA

View Full Version : I think Fluoxetine 20mg is jeopardizing my job.

philip
27-04-10, 17:44
I've been taking fluoxetine 20mg for a week now and I feel as though I can't concentrate, I'm becoming a liability at work. My manager said I don't seem focused anymore, that it's as if I'm not even there at times. I haven't told them that I'm taking antidepressants because I know they'll be unsympathetic and get rid of me ASAP. I think I might need to stop taking these. Does anyone know how long these side effects last for? I don't want to lose my job.

Maj
27-04-10, 17:55
Philip I took these for a few days a matter of months ago and felt exactly the same at work. I chose to stop taking them. You may well settle down but don't leave it too long. Some meds just don't suit some people. I took sertraline many years ago and it was wonderful with very little side effects, yet it doesn't suit others. Don't put up with too much though.
Myra x:hugs:

Bexmumto3
27-04-10, 17:56
My only side effect with fluoxetine was that feeling of not really being there, all spaced out this didn't last for more than a week for me but when I increased my dose last week I had the same symptom again which is settling now.

Really hope it settles for you soon if not maybe speak with the doctor & try something different.