PDA

View Full Version : Lump on lower Abdomen - Worried

Glitterbug
27-04-10, 18:26
Hi All,

I have found a lump in my lower abdomen left side just above my pubic bone and am very worried.

I think I felt the lump before but cant remember when and dismissed it as something that was left after I had my 1st child. But found the lump again a couple of days ago while lying down. Its a fair size but i think when I push it I can feel it moving so not stuck down as such.

I have been to the doctor who had a feel and said she thinks its a cyst. But is not taking it any further.

I am worried that she has got this wrong but am unsure what the procedure is when they find a cyst. I thought I would have it scaned or looked into.
I am pregnant at the moment but am sure that they would still do something.

Has anyone had this before or a cyst somewhere else and what the procedure was?.
Any advice greatly recieved.
Thanks x

Maj
27-04-10, 19:08
I have had a large cyst at the top of my abdomen for about 20 years. The doctor just said it was a cyst and was harmless. I don't really give it a second thought now. I think if your doctor had any concern about it at all they'd have referred you to hospital, so try not to worry about it. We've all got lumps n bumps that we are unaware of.
Myra x:hugs:

Glitterbug
27-04-10, 19:14
Thanks Myra. I know she is right when I am in the right frame of mind. I do try to tell myself it would not move if it was something worse.
Thanks for your reply. X