PDA

View Full Version : Pelvic inflammatory disease

ali29
27-04-10, 20:36
Been for some swabs today at a general check up and was told i have this, i did post yesterday about worried about my weight loss so now i am convinced that its not PID and thats a type of cancer.
I have been given lots of different antibiotics and more swab results come back next week, none of these are swabs for cancer just infections.
Has anyone ever had this PID??

Lissy43
27-04-10, 21:18
So they told you some swab results today? or you actually had the swabs taken and were told you may have this? if you have treatment I guess they are pretty certain that you have PID.

It causes pain, fever, discharge etc.. usually. I thought I had it earlier this year so did abit of a read up on it and spoke to my GP. I had to have my swab sent off and the results take about 4 days to come back.

It is easily treated so I wouldn't go thinking it is anything other than what they are saying it is.

nomorepanic
27-04-10, 21:26
Did you ask doc about the weight loss as well?

ali29
27-04-10, 22:51
Yeah they took some swabs today which they could check under the microscope there and then to give results, other swabs come back from lab next week!
I didnt mention the weight loss as this was just the sexual health centre, not my normal gp going to see him when i have got more results from them next week!

I have just been having pain, bleeding inbetween periods etc which made them think PID and after seeing swabs they mentioned pus cells on my cervix which worried me even more to the point that i actually had to be sat down as i nearly passed out!!!!!