PDA

View Full Version : On the edge of having a panic attack, please help!

NatalieSmith
27-04-10, 22:11
Hello everyone! I'm experiencing something really bad at the moment D:
Well, it's been 4 or 5 months since I've had any panic attacks. But I have a bad hobby: even though I have anxiety and panic attacks, I'm passionetly in love with survival horror games and/or psicological fear games. And that love has made something really bad for me; I know it sounds silly, but there's this game wich I fear most, and I remember that right before my panic attacks started, I search on it (and I even thought that the game was the cause of my panic attacks! D: ). Well, today I encountered it again, and just by reading it's name I got so scared that it felt like I was going to have a panic attack! I'm still scared, actually; I feel like crying and my chest hurts... I'm also a bit nauseated. D: But the thing is, I'm so scared that it's going to come back! I was doing so, so well! ._.'

I know it sounds silly, but I can't help it; I fear the most ridiculous things in the world. I feel quite stupid saying that a game has made me feel like this, and I would really like if anyone could give me some peace. ;-;'

margaret jones
27-04-10, 22:16
Natalie hi sorry you are feeling so low at the moment have you had some treatment for this problem ??? If not maybe a visit to your DR is the next step ??

Take Care Maggie

NatalieSmith
27-04-10, 22:22
Thank you for the reply, Margaret! :3
Well, I've been on Paroxetine since this started, which was in the beggining of the year, and ever since I didn't have one single panic attack ._.' Maybe, I don't see my doctor in a few weeks... You know, you begin to think you're all better and stop going. But now I see I'm far from being better :weep:

But thanks again for the reply :hugs:

guitarpants
28-04-10, 00:27
Sorry but I'm curious and must ask, which game? I like the same type as you.

NatalieSmith
29-04-10, 05:01
Hello there NinjaXero! Nice to know someone shares my passion (:
Well, the name of the game is Polybius, and for some reason I got scared about it because of some stupid urban legend about it. And it's not even a survival horror or anything! D: But what games do you play? It's hard to find someone who likes this types of games around here where I live :D

Brunette
29-04-10, 11:25
Hi Natalie,

Panic attacks are a reaction to threat - whether that threat is real or a "virtual" one on a TV screen/computer monitor. It is not silly that the game is the cause of your PAs.

However it is a signal that you really need to give up playing it, at least for the time being. If you genuinely feel you are "addicted" and can't stop then perhaps you should discuss this with your doctor.

NatalieSmith
30-04-10, 21:34
Hello Brunette! Thanks for responding :)
That really reasures me, I have to say. I always thought that having such little fears like that made me so... silly, I guess. :weep:

Well, that's what I think is really silly: I didn't even played that game and yet it frightens me that much. :weep: Of course, I play some other games that are really stressful, but that never happen to me. It's so weird!

But thank you so much for the reply, it really made me feel better! :D