PDA

View Full Version : past dreams while awake like dejavu

lenyo
27-04-10, 22:13
Hi everyone,
I'm so glad I found this site because I feel so isolated and have no one to talk to.I've been living in Greece with my Greek husband and daughter for 5 years and I'm still unsettled even though I go back to the UK about 3 times a year.Married 32 years.I've become very depressed and started on Citalopram 10mg then increased to 20 (from my doctor in UK).I've been trying hard to stay positive,I have a good diet and excercise and I have been feeling better much of the time.At New Year in the UK,for the 1st time I had this strange feeling of dejavu like my dreams from past sleeps were coming into my head (this was before I started the pills).It passed but since then,I've had it about 6 times when I'm excercising or out for a fast walk.It's very disturbing and upsetting.Today was the last one and longest.I havn't felt good all day.Does anybody know why this happens and is it normal?I can't talk to my husband cos he won't understand and I don't want to worry my daughter.I hope someone can help.

diane07
27-04-10, 22:16
Hi lenyo

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Going home
28-04-10, 00:56
I don't know about calling them dreams exactly but about 5 years ago I went through a time when random pictures of the past would just come into my head, maybe lasting only half a minute and would come just out of the blue. They didn't scare me and they were always accompanied by a lovely warm feeling. They didn't particularly go back to when I was a child, more when my own children were young but it was a vey strange thing that I couldn't explain. I wouldn't even be thinking about anything, just doing my work and a random picture from the past would be there in my head.

I didn't tell anyone about it and after a few weeks of them happening most days, they seemed to get less and I put it down to just being a hormonal thing affecting my emotions. Ive never had them so intensely since then but still do get the odd one or two now and again.

I think its a result of your emotional state now, as you sound very homesick.

Anna xxx

lenyo
29-04-10, 09:48
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. It helps just knowing somebody is there to do that.
X