PDA

View Full Version : Possible MRI next month, & worried about symptoms!!

crazyhayz
28-04-10, 10:42
Over the past couple of months ve been getting like twitches or something, il be sat there and my leg will just move suddenly, or my finger will just twitch or kinda jolt suddenly. Is this anxiety? Im 22 and take 20mg citalopram for anxiety. Thinking about getting meds upped to 30mg now though as anxiety has creeped back through recently. Im worrying its MS. Ive had ct scan on brain, bloods taken, chest xray, 8 or so ECG's on heart, everything is normal. But dont u need an MRI to diagnose MS? What else could these sudden jolts or twitches be? Im hoping its just anxiety..

Another thing is, i kinda have constant physical symptoms, like constantly feel like im spaced out... like not really 'with it'. Is this anxiety? I keep thinking that if there was anything wrong with me, id be waking in the night with problems too, not just in the daytime... i just keep worrying because i have partial hearing loss in my right ear that pops and crackles and achesall the time. but my eardrum has been checked and nothing wrong. CT Scan showed no tumours or anything in ear canal, but they wanna send me for MRI in June toi check why ive got tyhe hearing loss. Should ibe worried? I keep thinking 'No i shoudnt' as the ct showed nothiong. but MRI's show infection, CT's dont!! So i might have an infection of my middle ear or something which i know that if left untreated can turn into meningitis!! Well ive had this for months. Ive had at least 10 perferated ear drums in my life so it would make sense!!

Help :( x

Peter_Scott
28-04-10, 10:58
Hi OP,

I have been going thro much the same for the last year including head pain, they found nothing with my CT last year but did find something with my MRI on my brain stem last year, I have had the MRI done this week and am dreading the results. MRIs are the best way to rule things in or out, CTs are only really good for skull not soft tissue problems, Peter

crazyhayz
28-04-10, 17:40
anyone else? :(

Trish
28-04-10, 19:20
Hiya

I have sent you PM.

:)