PDA

View Full Version : Scared, been to GP.

guiltyw
28-04-10, 11:34
Hi All,

Have been to my GP this morning, as I have a couple of lymph nodes in my bikini line that I can feel. He said that they are normal, but as usual I don't believe him.

I told him that I suffer from severe health anxiety, and asked if I needed a blood test, he said he didn't think I do, but if I am anxious he will do a full blood count.

When I had my blood taken,there were 2 bottles, I asked what the other one was, and she the lady who takes the blood said it is for vitamin B12 and folate.

The doctor didn't tell me he was testing for this, now really worried that he isn't telling me something.

Can anybody give me any advice on this, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you

guiltyw

JaneC
28-04-10, 12:06
Hi Guilty,

I think both are fairly standard tests. Also, both folic acid and B12 deficiency have been linked to depression, not certain about anxiety. I'm sure you have nothing to worry about. x

Mogwog
28-04-10, 12:17
I agree with Jane, whenever I have had a full blood count They have always tested for these too. Its just standard. Nothing to worry about

Laura.xx

NeverRelaxed
28-04-10, 15:49
wow, you got the blood taken there and then? I have to make a seperate apptnmnt with the nurse for blood tests...

smpomeroy
28-04-10, 19:01
its standard so dont worry if you can help it.
My consultant was telling me the other day that when people suffer from health anxiety he believes its better not to do too many tests unless they really think its necessary because we begin to believe that they are doing the tests because they secretly think something is wrong when all they are doing is trying to alleviate our fears and if they really did think something was wrong they are duty bound to tell you so seriously your doc is trying to allay your fears and you like so many of us health anxiety sufferers dont believe him and suspect he is keeping somethign from you..

suz

Brunette
29-04-10, 11:47
Docs usually take a blood test for anxiety because hyperthyroidism can cause the same symptoms.

guiltyw
01-05-10, 12:44
hi all,

Am so petrified, blood test for full blood count came back ok, but still have these 2 nodes in my right groin that I can feel.

I am so scared that I have the big C and it has spread to my lymph nodes, when I looked it up on the internet, it said that your full blood count could be normal even if you did have it.

Please, does anybody know, I an going out of my mind with fear

Thanks

Nuala.

Brunette
05-05-10, 15:41
Don't Google!

If your bloods were ok, you are ok but speak to your doc if you need further reassurance.

alicegreen
05-05-10, 17:09
I just wanted to reassure you that I have very palpable nodes in both groin areas and have done for years now. Are you very slim?