PDA

View Full Version : Lithium worries

ElizabethJane
28-04-10, 21:27
I'm not feeling very well tonight. This morning I was very shaky. I went into work and decided that the best course of action would be to increase my fluid intake (incase there was any risk of toxicity) The shakes have gone now but I still feel a bit tired and lethargic. I have recently had my lithium blood levels done and my thyroid and electrolytes. I rang my surgery for the result and the receptionist was unable to interpret the result. She said that my GP would contact me. She has not. I am assuming that all is well and my levels are not toxic. They would contact me wouldn't they? I have not got a headache or the runs or feel sick. Well anyway I thought that I would try to contact the Priory ( Dr Js secretary) The phone just rang and rang several times. It was like the Marie Celeste. I have recently spoken to a triage out of hours nurse. She was very nice but did not have access to my notes and was unable to help urging me to call my GP/Dr J in the morning. I have tried googling my symptoms but it is very difficult to get any where with that. I am going to head off to bed soon (with plenty of water) Does anyone know of an emergency mental health line I could ring? I know folks on here are not qualified to give medical advice. Someone might have experienced something similar. Thanking you all in advance. EJ.

pollyanna
28-04-10, 23:19
Hi EJ

Its late now and you are offline, im sorry that i cant offer you any advice on this subject, but just wanted to say i am thinking about you, and i hope you feel a bit better in the morning,
Keep in touch

tc

P x

ElizabethJane
29-04-10, 15:28
I've resolved the problem. Dr J spoke to me at lunchtime. He told me to be very careful. I had done all the right things and upped my fluid intake. My Drs surgery have also been in touch but it is all a little too late for me. The Priory had an evacuation owing to the fire alarm being set off. I'm still not sure who to contact in that type of emergency as kind though they were the out of hours service were not much use. As I see Dr J privately I do not have a cpn or access to nhs psychiatric services. P Dr Js secretary was on to the problem immediately and he rang me back himself. My lithium levels are 0.7ml so not any concern in themselves. If anyone knows of an out of hours psychiatric helpline please could they let me know? Thanks Pollyanna for asking after me. I am feeling a lot better today thanks.

gypsywomen
29-04-10, 15:34
i have found this no for you its 24/7 help psychiatic ,,,08088010414,, hope this helps

ElizabethJane
29-04-10, 15:57
thanks Gypsy

pollyanna
29-04-10, 19:29
Glad you are feeling a bit better today EJ, i know how how horrible it is being unable to contact anyone when feeling unwell...
Take care

P x :hugs: