PDA

View Full Version : I have an MRI tomorow morning...

Pdubya86
28-04-10, 21:32
Silly question perhaps.. but if you arrive wearing jeans, will they have a gown or trousers or something you can borrow because the metal on the button and zip on the jeans would be a potential danger?

Aside from my pyjama bottoms, I dont have any trousers that are completely metal free!

nomorepanic
28-04-10, 22:00
I think you will be fine with zips and buttons as they let my partner in the room with me and he had jeans on.

Good luck with it - I couldn't go through with mine

Trish
28-04-10, 22:06
When my husband had his they gave him a gown...good luck:)

Can i ask here does a full MRI show up all your organs?

Thanks

Trish x

nomorepanic
28-04-10, 22:31
They have to position the MRI scanner over a specific organ so you don't get a full body scan as such

countrygirl
28-04-10, 22:33
You cannot go into a mri scanner with any metal on you as it heats up to incredible temperatures and would burn you hence the endless questions about metal implants before you get your scan. My husband had mri of spine and he just had to lower his trousers so they were out of the scanner- said he felt a bit silly laying there in his underpand with trousers round his ankels:D alot of hospital make you take all your clothes off anyway to be safe and you wear a gown.
They also check you have all jewellery and piercings off as well.

ON the question of do mri show all organs they vary the scans from every millimetre to every centimetre so if you are having a scan to check your spine then the millimetre scans will be of your spine and rest of area cm but I know that someone having a spinal scan had a kidney tumour picked up so they do cover a good area.

nomorepanic
28-04-10, 22:39
They let me keep my ear rings in and rings on fingers and they are metal

Trish
28-04-10, 23:00
Thank you Nic & Countrygirl for your replies:)

Trish.:)