PDA

View Full Version : So fed up...

Emz-xo
28-04-10, 23:57
New here and already moaning but I really am just so fed up!

I moved to Glasgow last year and I'm really struggling. I've made friends and had some great times but over all I am so unhappy.
Uni was going great until recently. I study nursing and my anxiety is making placement so difficult.. My mentor just doesn't understand and is now saying that my communication isn't good enough and she doesn't think she can pass me..
I'm gutted! I worked so hard and really thought I was improving. I actually feel like such a failure and confused about what I want now.

Because I don't know many people here I feel so isolated and alone right now. I just want to curl into a ball and stay there.. :(

Veronica H
29-04-10, 14:37
:bighug1:So sorry Emma. Don't curl up honey...well only for today, while you think about what you really want. Whatever it is do not let anxiety hold you back.There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes;SELF HELP FOR YOUR NERVES published by Thorsens ISBN 0-7225-3155-9.This is available from the NMP shop. Dr Weekes was a physician and scientist. She was a fellow sufferer (nominated for the nobel prize for medicine) and really understood this illness. She took the mystery out of it, and devised a simple programme for recovery. I can't recommend this enough. This will get better.

Veronicax

bottleblond
29-04-10, 14:41
Hi Emz

You prove your mentor wrong hun. I know it's really hard but show them that you can do the job and refuse to let all your hard work go to waste.
I'm sure you can do it.
Hold that head high gal

Lisa
xx

Emz-xo
29-04-10, 14:51
Thanks for the support guys.. I'm going to order that book :) I will try anything at the minute.
I'm so nervous about placement tomorrow but I really want to go in and yeh, prove her wrong and prove to myself I can as well. Fingers crossed it works...
xx

Veronica H
29-04-10, 17:16
:bighug1:Glad you are going in Emm let us know how it goes.

Veronicax

bottleblond
29-04-10, 18:00
You CAN do it gal!!! :hugs:

Emz-xo
29-04-10, 21:26
Thank-you so much :hugs: xox

Emz-xo
07-05-10, 00:02
Update:

placement is NOT going well at all. I put in so much effort over the past week and feel like I have got nowhere.. My mentor says that my communication is not up to "her standard" and while I have all the skills I need for the practical aspect she feels she will still have a problem passing me.

If I don't pass this placement I am leaving Uni :( I don't have a choice. I would have to repeat the placement and I just couldn't do that.

My last day is tomorrow so I find out then... so nervous and expecting the worst. I'm so annoyed and just hate feeling like such a failure after feeling like I had really improved.

Em xx

suzy-sue
07-05-10, 00:09
Good luck for tommorow .Will be thinking of you ..Luv Sue :bighug1:xxxxxx

andrew
07-05-10, 07:27
Hi Emz,

Good luck with this

tc .. andrew

Granny Primark
07-05-10, 20:29
You go girl!
Loads of hugs and good wishes.

hallam11
07-05-10, 20:37
Aww I am so sorry my love. When anxiety has struck it is hard to communicate at all!

I would ask your mentor just what she is expecting? Maybe there is room for maneuvering! Perhaps there is someone else you could speak to above your mentor and explaining your pridicament. I do hope that you have proved them wrong! I think that anxiety can alter some aspects of our true selves because of the horrible feeling it leaves. I wish you well and I think you sound as if you would be a great nurse.
xxx

Emz-xo
08-05-10, 00:28
Thanks everyone for the luck and advice.

Today was my last day.. she failed me.
Her reason being that she believes my anxiety is too severe for me to go into nursing, which I find strange since I have past my 3 previous placements just fine.

Now I have to either repeat that placement or leave basically.. I don't know what to do because my confidence is gone and I'm starting to think she is right :weep:. Feel like such a failure...

Em xo

andrew
08-05-10, 00:46
Hi again Emz,

Sorry it didnt work out for you. Maybe you and her just weren't right for each other.

You are not a failure. Like you said, the previous 3 were fine and all of the other stuff you've had to do, to get this far, must have been ok.

I know you must feel down about it right now. But unless you've got other plans, hopefully you'll try again.

take care .. andrew

Emz-xo
22-09-10, 14:27
Okay so I havn't been here in a while but here is the latest.

I've been asked to leave the university for a year due to my health and I am so upset! I feel like such a failure now. Half my family don't want to know me anymore and they think I am such a disappointment.. they have the view that if the illness isn't physical then it isn't real. Annoys me!

Now I am in debt, I've had to move home cause I can't afford to pay my flat with no bursary. =[ I am just SO fed up with it all. I've lost my home, my friends and everything I have worked for. :'(