PDA

View Full Version : how long does it last ?

mirry
25-01-06, 10:45
Hi, I have started taking diazepam and want to know how long it works once in your system?

I took one at 8.45am got around the shops ok then at 10.30am felt a bit of a panic......does this mean the pills worn off in about 2 hours ?

mirryx

vernon
25-01-06, 12:08
Hi mirry, didn’t u feel a bit drowsy about half hour after taking one? I really try hard not to use them anymore as if u get to rely on them they are very addictive and I have had that happen in the past. Best try hard not to take one but take one out with you in case you get to bad and really need it. If you are not used to diazepam it shouldn’t have wore off after 2 hours they seem to make me tired for ages after )another reason why I try not to use them). I found to if you are really scared and anxious they don’t seem to work for me at all. Like my massive fear of dentists and surgery at these times they do nothing at all. Also depends on the dose you take 2 5 or 10mg, but overall I think it’s a med you should try to avoid unless you really need one. Take care hope u feel better soon. Vernon

mjh74
25-01-06, 12:21
Hi Mirry,

I take 2mg now and again which usually kicks in within an hour or so. I tend to feel the effects for the rest of the day and usually wake up the next day feeling a bit calmer too.

Mark

Meg
25-01-06, 12:23
If they make you actually drowsy, you're taking too much for that situation. If they don't touch you for that situation you need more.

They are best used sparingly and start with 2 mg and take another 2mg if that doesn't have any effect. Soon you will understand how much your body needs.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?