PDA

View Full Version : Watching medical programmes a big no no

TracyL
29-04-10, 05:25
Hi everyone

Well i watched a medical program on tv the other day (knew i shouldn't have). Anyway there was this lady on there that had been taken into hospital with erratic heartbeats etc. As i suffer from ectopics/missed beats etc I usually dont' watch anything like this. Anyway, the woman was fine but during the episode they said something about her having SVT (dont' even know what it is) but then started talking about clots etc which could happen. I thought OMG :scared15: does this type of thing happen with the weird beats that I get. Worried myself sick then ended up with heaps more ectopics.

I really have to not watch programs like that i think. I've had all the tests numerous times and been told that everything is alright.

thanks guys
Tracy

bellalew
29-04-10, 13:54
hi tracy,if all your tests wer ok,then you are to hun,i cant watch programs like that either,it hypens my anxiety and the missed heart beats,iv a fear of my heart and death,so any programs about it is a no no,:ohmy:when anyone feels at a low its advisable to steer away from stuff like that.xx take care hun.

MrsJaredLeto
09-05-10, 00:24
Hi
well I have atrial fibrilation and sonething called AVNRT both of which cause fast irregular heart rate.
I take meds to control it and also aspirin to thin my blood and minimise clot risk.
SVT just means fast pulse (supraventricula tachycardia) and everyone gets it, as everyone gets ectopics.
Now yes clots are a risk but only in people who have a longterm condition like me, or if you have a particulary bad attack coupled with a weak heart.
I live in fear everyday, i'm constantly aware of my heart beat but I do take sone comfort in the fact my cardio told me that a massive percentage of elderly people live with AF constantly and most don't even notice!
I hope u feel better soon xx