PDA

View Full Version : panic attacks

uknicco
29-04-10, 15:57
Hi there.
I ama 45 year old male and have had severe panic attack symptoms for some time now but am worried it may be something more serious. i am on anti d called mirtazipin 30mg daily. and i also have diazapam 2 mg to be taken as and when i feel the attacks are worse. ( this can happen at any time night or day ). but is it normal to get light headed chest pain and shortness of breath without any trigger even when i am in bed asleep it happens too. i have seen my gp and had heart monitors ect and all came back clear but the symptoms still persist. are these panic attacks or something else please help.
Les

diane07
29-04-10, 16:03
Hi uknicco

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Bexmumto3
29-04-10, 16:10
Hi Les, welcome to NMP

I am a fellow panic attack sufferer, have been suffering now for quite a few years.
The symptoms you described sound just like mine, I am dizzy, breathless, heavy chest, palpitations, etc etc sadly yes they are panic related, I get them even without a trigger, please take some reassurance in the tests that came back clear & although it doesn't feel like it now, you will get through this & as bad as the symptoms feel they will not hurt you.

Veronica H
29-04-10, 17:18
:welcome:to NMP Les. All of the symptoms you described often occur with panic anxiety. You have had other routine tests and so this may now offer some comfort.There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes;SELF HELP FOR YOUR NERVES published by Thorsens ISBN 0-7225-3155-9.This is available from the NMP shop. Dr Weekes was a physician and scientist. She was a fellow sufferer (nominated for the nobel prize for medicine) and really understood this illness. She took the mystery out of it, and devised a simple programme for recovery. I can't recommend this enough. This will get better.

Veronicax