PDA

View Full Version : Not sure where to turn...?

adamaudio
29-04-10, 16:21
I work from home at my own business and its not really working...

I think the time has come to make some harsh decisions..

Im fine around people and have no problem going out, or with friends, thats no problem at all, i actually look forward to that and travelling countrywide at weekends..

My wife keeps on at me to get a job, and although im earning a little income from home, i think that if i pack up my dream will be finally over and getting a £6ph job would be the end of me. (she has a good job and supports us luckily)

im starting to worry inside as i have no excuses really, and getting out to find a job would feel like i have failed. Also telling friends would be embarrasing as they all know i work for myself and will wonder what went wrong?!

Sometimes i think about just leaving, although my wife is lovely, she does dig the knife in a little and i feel totally useless. She has a right to be fed up i suppose..

im not sure what to do, homeworking jobs are badly paid, (as i could fit this in along side my business) but have heard of poeple running £100k computer parts companies in back bedrooms (not scams, but legit businesses built up)

I don't really have any qualifications and at 37 i feel completely useless and alone

What do i do?

Brunette
29-04-10, 16:30
I think you have one very important qualification adam - you have run your own business. Not that many people can put that on their application form.

What is it that you do? Could you go and do something similar for another company?

And don't look at your decision as a failure - think of it as a change in direction which you have taken out of choice.

adamaudio
29-04-10, 16:35
Thanks

As outlined probably in my name, I am a recording musician, and with the state of the record industry at the moment, many people are saying that this can't now support an income with free downloads and file sharing..

As its quite creative, i dread moving into a dead end job - im not sure where i could take my knowledge and expertise (I know alot on Technical equipment in this field / computers etc)

But applying for any computer jobs, they need PhD's in this that and the other!

Working for someone like Google would be good, as I could contribute with ideas (doesnt everyone want to work for the though!) but again, all the programming needs skills and qualifications..

i have tried other studios and music style jobs, but am coming up against a brick wall which worries me x