PDA

View Full Version : Ectopic beats

countrygirl
29-04-10, 21:08
I am an old hand at ectopic heartbeats having suffered from them for over 20 years - I never had a day without them and how bad they are varies enormously but just have a question as the ectopics are worrying me today and sure someone on here will be able to answer.

Normally when I feel my pulse when I have the ectopics I don't feel the xtra quick beat just the pause but today the extra beats feel very strong in my chest and if I feel my pulse I can feel that quick extra beat very strongly in my wrist pulse.

I know that ectopics beats are when a quick extra beat comes in and the pause is your heart pausing before giving an extra strong beat to empty the heart of blood but wonder why usually if I am literally feeling my wrist pulse all I feel is the pause and today I can feel the extra beat before the pause.

They are particulary bad today every few beats

crazyhayz
29-04-10, 23:33
have u had an ECG or echo? if so, what were the results? I wouldnt worry just because theyve changed slightly, and because ur worrying so much about it, that may be why they are more prominent? Not sure.. I get them every now & then when im anxious, sometimes when i dont feel anxious atall, but i believe my heart is fine because ive had it checked, plus im only 22 which helps me think more positively. I have been worrying today about my heart thudding, not racing, just beating harder out of my chest, because ive never felt that before. But after i stopped worrying about it, the thudding went and its now fine. I know its just anxiety and its all about acceptance. Good luck sorry i couldnt be of more help x

teez
29-04-10, 23:58
i know this feeling very well,,like you its been twenty odd years,,and i can identify exactly,,as when i had a bout of very high bp last year,,also a regular thing with my,,i got into the norty habit of using my home bp machine,,well before an extra wammy beat you know the one after a pause i could hear it on the machine,,so i stopped using it lolbut yes i get what you do too,,your not alone x

countrygirl
30-04-10, 18:29
I have a 24hr ecg every 4 yrs and strangely just had one a week ago to check that nothing has changed. I have noticed in the past that after I have had the ecg then I get bad ectopics and makes me think oh no I should have had it this week not last week!!!

I have had echo in past plus 4 days in hospital under constant recording this was about 9 yrs ago and always told harmless just very very unpleasant.

ectopicsufferer
30-04-10, 19:44
hi countrygirl you will come thru it, its just your little drummer playing with you in a different way for once, like u said to me in a similar post i will quote you back :) you have been here for 20 odd years suffering ectopics what would make it different now ?
Take care hun, im sure you will still be here this time next year making me and others feel better xxxxx

Typer
01-05-10, 19:57
My doctor said she could feel mine even when I was unaware of them. I never take my pulse as it scares me too much. Go by how you feel in yourself and leave the pulse alone. That;s how I survive anyhow :-):D