PDA

View Full Version : Finally found the courage to say hi

aimee
29-04-10, 22:00
Hi, I've been a member for a couple of months now but have only just built up the courage to leave a post! :)

I have a lot of trouble being in new situations or completing new tasks. Even if I know realistically I am capable of doing it, I still have thoughts that I can’t and that eventually I will fail. Because of these anxieties, I usually have panic attacks and find myself running away from the new situation.

I’m having a bit of a tough time at the moment feeling like I’m never going to be strong enough to fight my way through this. I’d really appreciate hearing from others who may have had similar experiences.
Aimee

nomorepanic
29-04-10, 22:01
Hi aimee

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

RichW
29-04-10, 22:10
Hi Aimee

Welcome to NMP. You'll be able to get a lot of support here from others who have been in a similar situation to you. I used to find going to new places, especially driving to new places, very frightening. I think the more I confronted myself and pushed through these uncomfortable situations, the more "immune" I became to them.

All the best

Rich

:welcome:

aimee
29-04-10, 22:30
Thank you Rich.

I'm trying my hardest to confront these fears; at the moment I am doing driving lessons, which I really struggle with. I keep making sure I go to each lesson but sometimes it feels like I'm fighting a losing battle.

And at the moment it just doesn't seem to be getting easier :sad:

Going home
29-04-10, 22:38
Hi aimee, welcome to nmp. Hope you find peace here. :flowers:

shebang86
29-04-10, 22:44
Hi Aimee,

I have only recently joined, so we are kinda in the same boat with that one, and sometimes its hard to know what to post. But even reading what other people experience has helped me so far. i'm sure this is your first step in the right direction x

aimee
29-04-10, 22:49
Thank you. It does help knowing that there are other people who may have felt the same way as I have and that there may be a light at the end of the tunnel!

Hope you also find the support you are looking for :)

x