PDA

View Full Version : Nausea and anxious

jaded jean
30-04-10, 06:29
Hi all
Day 24 of cit. and have now started to feel sick in the mornings coupled with agitation/anxiety. Is this this path of the course? Am cutting down diazepam as well. only have 1mg in mornings that will stop next week then I have to cut down form 4 to 2mg at night. Scared about it.
Jean

Jannie2948
30-04-10, 07:50
Hi there Jean

It took be a good 6 weeks before I actually felt that I was free of many of the side effects of citalopram. I too had that horrible nauseous feeling for quite a while along with dizziness and lightheaded feeling. I took 2mg of diazepam as and when I needed them. 6 months down the line and an increase from 20mg to 40mg 8 weeks ago, I feel so much better. I am now in total 6 months into taking citalopram and can honestly say that I feel really so much better than I did 6 months ago. I would say that I still have the very odd moment but nothing what I was like. Stick with them and you should come out the other side of all these side effects feeling so much better. I had all those side effects and more when I first started but I think it really takes a good while for you to feel the benefits of them but I am glad I stuck with them cos I definitely feel good now.

I wish you all the very best

Jannie x x

jaded jean
30-04-10, 08:07
Hi Jannie.
Yes its just that initial crowding in on you moment when you start waking up that upsets me although I dont cry half as much now. Do you think this is a precursor to having the cit dose upped.? I cant wait to get off the diazepam but scared of doing so as I feel sometimes the cit wont be enough. I know it will be difficult at times but as this is the 3rd a/d I have been put on it makes me wonder sometimes. one day perhaps eh/ thanks for your reply.
Jean

Jannie2948
30-04-10, 08:50
I know that I got to about 3 months+ and felt that the 20mg was not enough because I was still feeling quite anxious, although somewhat better it was still there. That's when my Dr increased the dosage to 40mg. Don't worry too much about the diazepam, I took them for the first few months and now I don't take them at all and I was ok when I stopped them because I think the citalopram had then kicked in fully. As I say, 6 months down the line and I am feeling so much better. I do go to a therapist where I have hypnosis and this has also helped me. As I say to my therapist I am not 100% better but I would say I am about 80-90% there. I still need to get over that final hurdle but I will definitely get there :-)

I know that feeling when you first wake up and you start to feel the anxiety/panic come into your mind and then it starts. I now wake up happy :-) which is wonderful. I work full-time and I can travel on the train again without having to meet a friend. I still don't particularly like packed trains but I can get through the 24 minute journey with only very minor anxiety, which is great as I used to panic like mad on the train. I still find it a little bit hard dealing with crowds and loud noise, but I think that might be cos I'm getting old :-)

I wish you all the best

Jannie x x

jaded jean
30-04-10, 09:20
Thanks Jannie.its a great help. I had that though where I wondered if it was starting to kick in . I didnt think if we were depressed we could not have hypnothereapy.I did read it somwhere. I had appts at the wellbeing clinic but it was sorry to say useless. verging on frued. So now I have to meet someone from a Peer Support group but am looking forward to that.Have spoken to her on the phone and she doesnt sound patronising at all very much on my level!!.thanks for for the much needed support.
Jean <<<hugs>>>