PDA

View Full Version : Just Had Ultrasound Scan, Even More Worried Now...Help!

muzicdejay
30-04-10, 11:09
:shrug: Just got back from having my ultrasound scan for possible gallstones.
Whislt doin the scan she asked me if ive had my gallbladder removed at anytime, when i said "No, Why"? she just said it wasnt showing up in the scan?
After another 15 mins or so she said "Ok, Brilliant, All Done", I asked her if she managed to find the gallbladder & She just replied "I Think So, The results will be with your doctor in about 2 weeks!
Now Im Even more scared than before i had the scan as to why my gallbladder didnt show up & that she said she "THINKS" she found it........
Anyone else had any strange results from scans that turned out to be nothing?
Cant Believe ive now got yet ANOTHER 2 weeks of panicing untill i get my results!!!!!
Please Help!!!!!!

MightyPC
30-04-10, 11:38
If anything bad had shown you would have heard by now. They had problems locating my bladder 3 weeks ago. No need to worry.

muzicdejay
30-04-10, 12:01
If anything bad had shown you would have heard by now. They had problems locating my bladder 3 weeks ago. No need to worry.

Cheerz Mightypc
I know its daft worrying but when they say things like that u cant help but wonder why! Wish they could just tell u the results there & then so you just know one way or the other!
Thanks again!

MightyPC
30-04-10, 14:34
Totally agree. I was lucky as I went private and the professor done the ultrasound himself and was telling me as and when he scanned each kidney and then my bladder. I remember have one done on the nhs 2 years ago and the guy never said a word. When I asked him at the end he said "sorry I cannot comment" so he never instilled confidence. My partner`s daughter who is a medic said that if anything shows on scans, you usually dont get out of the hospital or you get a call very quickly.

muzicdejay
30-04-10, 17:46
Totally agree. I was lucky as I went private and the professor done the ultrasound himself and was telling me as and when he scanned each kidney and then my bladder. I remember have one done on the nhs 2 years ago and the guy never said a word. When I asked him at the end he said "sorry I cannot comment" so he never instilled confidence. My partner`s daughter who is a medic said that if anything shows on scans, you usually dont get out of the hospital or you get a call very quickly.

Well thats made me feel a bit better mate cheerz!
I know, i mean we'd be lost without NHS but it does take forever when your having something done.
I suppose no news is good news as they say!
Cheerz dude anyhow!:)

worry_bunny
01-05-10, 00:36
Hey Just wanted to add that I had my gallbladder removed due to gallstones about a year ago so if you have any questions Im usually about :)

muzicdejay
02-05-10, 13:52
Hey Just wanted to add that I had my gallbladder removed due to gallstones about a year ago so if you have any questions Im usually about :)

Hey thanks for that, once i get my scan results & if it is gallstones ill hold u to that, lol.
No doubt if it is ill be a nervous wreck over the surgery, God does it ever end!!!
Thanks again! Im sure ill be in touch!

Bexmumto3
02-05-10, 14:59
I also had my gallbladder removed last May so if you would like anymore questions answered please feel free to give me a shout x

Lissy43
02-05-10, 15:10
Try not to worry. I had a gallbladder scan last month and she told me there and then that I was fine, but I had to ask.

Hope the results are ok xxx

muzicdejay
03-05-10, 11:51
I also had my gallbladder removed last May so if you would like anymore questions answered please feel free to give me a shout x

Thanks for your reply, i imagine if the scan comes up as gallstones youll get sick of me asking questions, lol!
Thanks again. x

muzicdejay
03-05-10, 11:53
Try not to worry. I had a gallbladder scan last month and she told me there and then that I was fine, but I had to ask.

Hope the results are ok xxx

Thanks jessica, yea ive heard some of them tell you & some dont, its just me been a mither ass like usual!
Glad your scan came back ok tho. xxx

barbn
03-05-10, 16:37
Hi! Had my gallbaldder removed quite a while go - very simple procedure!! No major "pain" either - meaning I was up and about pretty quickly!! Bring on the questions!! :D

Bexmumto3
03-05-10, 19:30
Lol, you are certainly not short of help & advice for this one, it's so surprising how many people actually suffer with this, I had never heard of it prior to the doctor mentioning it to me but then realised there were so many others that had been through it. x

muzicdejay
04-05-10, 19:01
Hi! Had my gallbaldder removed quite a while go - very simple procedure!! No major "pain" either - meaning I was up and about pretty quickly!! Bring on the questions!! :D
Cheerz barbn
Ive heard the procedure is quite straight forward, think im more mithered about been put asleep, never had an op before so dont know what to expect!
Rather this thing get taken out tho if it ends up been gallstones!
Thanks a lot for reply, as soon as i know for sure whats wrong im sure ill be taking u up on the questions, lol.:)

muzicdejay
04-05-10, 19:03
Lol, you are certainly not short of help & advice for this one, it's so surprising how many people actually suffer with this, I had never heard of it prior to the doctor mentioning it to me but then realised there were so many others that had been through it. x

Lol, i know, this site is great, And aint it really good to know theres people in the same predicament!!!
Would be lost without this place!
Hope your ok! x:blush: