PDA

View Full Version : off for weekend anxiety/panic kicking in again

jackie26
30-04-10, 14:31
hi all, just needed some words of reassurance/advice really. i have just finished my 3rd week of a phased return to work after 3 months off with panic/anxiety. i have had a good week no panics at work -my panic is usally about making a mistake at work - so why oh why after a calm good morning when i left at 1pm do i suddenly start panicking that i have made a mistake and this is made worse cos i am not back in till tuesday. it is drivign me mad every time i finish for the weekend i get like this. i have just emailed a colleague to get her to check some things yet again - i did this last week as well. any suggestions?:)

margaret jones
30-04-10, 16:59
Jackie Hi Good that you are back at work this helps to keep your mind busy , but we also need to rest and recharge ourselves ready to face another week so please try and rest and recharge for the next few days .
I feel that if we suffer from anxiety we are usually a bit of a perfectionist and that is probably why you are worried about making mistakes , I used to be like that but life goes on even if we do make a mistake so try and relax

Take Care Maggie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

jackie26
01-05-10, 08:27
thanks for the reply, i just have this inbred fear of not being good enough and everything that goes wrong being my fault, i wish sometimes i could be someone tht doesn't give a damn but that wouldn't be me, so i am just goign to have to learn to relax and not worry as much - easier said than done though as we all know. take care x:)