PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else panic about illness or infections?

Mackie
30-04-10, 23:12
My anxiety is mainly me being paranoid about my own health. For quite a while I'd convinced myself that I had throat cancer because of the wierd taste and lumpy feeling in my throat (which are both signs of anxiety). One of the main things that started my anxiety was the fear of having an STI, I've only had sex twice and that was well over a year and a half ago but even now I still worry about it. Does anyone else have similar worries?

Going home
01-05-10, 01:24
Hi Mackie, I think you'll find that most of us on nmp have health anxiety so you're in good company. Cancer is a common fear, and you'll find quite a few members with this fear so i'm sure you'll find alot of support with this.

Take care
Anna :)

mamajane
01-05-10, 03:07
Hello, im just like you im deathly scared of Cancer. I cant even bare to read about it or talk about it. Hope you find some peace knowing your not alone.

Carys
01-05-10, 08:40
Hi Mackie, many many people here have health anxiety. Infact if you look at the menu down the left of the page there is a 'health anxiety' page to read.

Mackie
01-05-10, 23:30
Thanks guys, it really means a lot to me :)

My most recent fear is the fear of pubic lice of all things, I get a slight itch and I instantly think the worst. Even though I've had no sexual contact in a year or so but its just that fear that overwealms me. :(

Mackie
01-05-10, 23:37
I've read the health anxiety page and its helping a bit. Just the fear sometimes takes its tole on me