PDA

View Full Version : hi all -bluebird here

bluebird1
17-02-04, 14:54
my p/a started in 1983 when i had post-natal depression,
they disappeared when i saw a very nice pyschiatrist who just sat me down and explained what they were easy-peasy. sadly i never thought to change the bad habits of a lifetime low self esteem,negative thinking, no confidence.if i had i might have stayed cured.
ANYWAYS it came back in 1990 after a period of lots of problems,
REALLY BAD! lol couldnt get of the sofa without panicing.
managed to get through the worst by redecorating the house, playing my music which i love,and watching old margeret rutherford films lol
i cured the attacks indoors by turning and facing them confronting them.(except the ones that come with the nightmares)
and then my husband chatted to a mum on sports day and found out she was a cbt, she helped me for a year and now i can go to supermarkets, pubs,restaurants, family events etc BUT only within a couple mile radius ho- hum. still im one of the lucky ones.

benoo5
17-02-04, 16:21
hi bluebird,

welcome to our little haven.

i love margaret rutherford films,in fact all the great ealing comedies.

you seem to be doing really well,it does take time,but by taking ..little steps..ime sure life will get better for you.

best wishes..bryan.

Meg
17-02-04, 17:36
Dear Linda,

Its good to see how much progress you've made ... Many congratulations.

Do you think that you need to stretch yourself a bit now to extend your comfort zone ?

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

red
17-02-04, 18:05
Hiya Blu!
Welcome to the forum. Have seen you in the chat room and it's always good to get to know more about people that I chat too. Great progress - well done! Here's to more of the same for you!
Red
x

nomorepanic
17-02-04, 20:02
Hi Lyn

Glad to see you made it here. Will continue to chat to you in chat room as well. Hope you are doing ok?

Nicola

paul
19-02-04, 17:38
hello bluebird,ive spoken to you in the chat room before.just looking through the forum so id thought id say hello.

all the best paul:)

bluebird1
19-02-04, 19:46
hi thanks to everyone for taking the trouble to reply,
i have to say its a really great site,
i feel that ive come home:)
looking forward to getting to know u all some more.

Laurie28
20-02-04, 09:06
Hiya Bluebird,

I wonder how common it is for anxiety/panic to start with PND!

I have always been a bit of an anxious person but my anxiety peaked when I had my 2nd child. i was diagnosed with PND because of the anxiety but had been taking panic attacks for a few years before.

maybe it was just an extra stress (having a baby that is)that pushes us 'over the edge'

I'm glad you are doing so well and I'm sure you will get great support from this site as I have - welcome

Lucky

Samantha
20-02-04, 14:36
hi blubird welcome to the site, glad to see you on here as well as in the chat room, lots of good info on here and everyone is really nice and friendly.

Take care

Sam

Positive thinking is the key to success!

bluebird1
20-02-04, 21:41
your right lucky, even tho i didnt have my panic before the post natal depression , I was drinking too much to build my confidence and at school I had anorexia (contrary to popular belief not because i wanted to look like a supermodel) but because the pain in my stomach distracted me from school bullies and a lonely home life so when i had my baby it was the final straw.
its all so simple in retrospect isnt it lol.