PDA

View Full Version : has anyone tried the mad-1 micro therapy unit?

pjb
01-05-10, 15:31
has anyone tried it? i just ran across it online and am not sure what to think.

here's the link - it seems pretty interesting but a little expensive, like $80 or 50 euro
http://www.mad-1.com/index.htm

from what I understand, you just strap it on your arm and it touches accupuncture points and relieves pain or even panic attack symptoms. and when you use it over time, it eliminates the fight/flight response to certain places. so basically they're saying that it cures you.

let me know what you guys think. i'm thinking about trying it.

here's the explanation
Pain relief and healing technologyThe MAD-1 micro therapy unit is the worlds smallest and most effective PEMF therapy unit for treating pain, soft tissue injuries and arthritis. The units small size and ease of use allows it to provide really prolonged treatments, which can be carried out while you get on with your everyday activities, or even while you sleep. Sustained, low energy PEMF treatments have been found to reduce the regeneration time of damaged cells to a quarter of the time normally taken, and provide you with a rapid reduction in pain and inflammation.

The MAD-1 produces a very specific type of pulsed electromagnetic wave (PEMF), which produces no sensation and is completely harmless. However, this type of PEMF wave causes an increase in certain types of cellular communication, which in-turn directly influences the level of certain crucial neurotransmitters, such as ephedrine and dopamine, enabling the MAD-1 to provide both rapid and effective relief from the symptoms of anxiety.

Please see our technology (http://www.mad-1.com/Technology.htm) page for detailed information on how the MAD-1 works.

Most importantly of all, the MAD-1 can be used DURING the situations that normally produce an anxiety response. This gradually reduces our inappropriate response to the situation, so that we gradually experience less and less anxiety. By regularly using the MAD-1s during these stressful situations, it effectively de-programs our system, until we completely stop having an inappropriate anxiety response; finally putting an end to the cycle of excessive anxiety!

deepbluesea
17-12-13, 10:42
I thought my experience with this product might be of interest to some of those millions out there, like my self, who suffer from severe anxiety that some times turns into a full blown panic attacks. I was extremely sceptical about spending $300 on yet another thing that claimed to cure all my ills, and yes $300 is what it actually costs for a set of four of these units. However, I had read a couple of encouraging reviews from people who said that these MAD-1 devices really helped them, so I decided to take the plunge and buy them.
These devices claim to work by stimulating acupuncture points that are specific for individual patterns of anxiety. They come with an 80 page user manual, which although it is quite well written is a bit daunting at first glance. However, after having picked three points to treat from the manual, one on each wrist and on my chest I was truly and utterly astonished to find my self feeling much, much more relaxed and happier with just 20 minutes of turning the devices on. It felt like my entire body had been wrapped in a warm comfy security blanket. I suffer from generalized anxiety and also social anxiety which is so bad that it usually stops me from sleeping altogether if I know I have got a business meeting the next day. To cut to the chase; these devices have proved to be absolutely brilliant! I have been using them for three months now and they have dramatically reduced my anxiety levels in every area of my life. They are comfortable and inconspicuous to wear so that you can use them in any situation without other people seeing them. I feel much more relaxed, much more confident and I am sleep better than I have since I was a child. When I first got these units, I wore them before and during any event that I thought was going to be stressful, which initially meant that I was wearing them for a lot of the day. However, now I only use them for about a couple of hours a day on most days. Really, really impressed and pleased with the product, which incidentally comes with a money back guarantee. I can thoroughly recommend this product and the company who sell it who have provided great after sales service and treatment advice.
:)

scrog80
18-12-13, 16:53
the suspicious 1 post ^

Annie0904
18-12-13, 16:57
I bought one of these for a foot injury and I don't think it did any good at all.

---------- Post added at 16:57 ---------- Previous post was at 16:56 ----------

In UK they are called IHeal