PDA

View Full Version : Pregabalin on ad hoc basis

SarahG
01-05-10, 17:36
I am currently taking Sertraline 100mg for GAD and Panic disorder. However my doctor has recently prescribed me Pregabalin to use alongside the Sertraline. She suggested I "take a tablet when I feel I need to" so I imagined they worked liked Diazepam. However having read up online I can't find anything to say they can be taken on this ad hoc basis. Most people take a certain amount, as prescriubed, each day and most articles online say it can take 4 weeks to get into your system. I am thinking that my GP doesn't really understand how this drug works... should I get a second opinion??? I really don't know what to do and this is making me more anxious!

jothenurse
01-05-10, 18:26
Are you having trouble sleeping? I wonder if it helps with that at all.
Wouldn't hurt to ask a pharmacist though - I ask them a lot of questions about medication.

SarahG
01-05-10, 20:25
I'm not having trouble sleeping Jo although I do wake up every morning at about 6am and am instantly really anxious! Great idea about asking Pharmacist - I will do that.

Just wondered if anyone else had been prescribed it on an ad hoc basis like this?

JT69
26-05-10, 21:30
Hi Sarah,

Just wondered how you were getting on with the pregabalin? I suffer with depression/anxiety which I take mirtazipine for and it has controlled the depression but have been suffering with really bad anxiey especially on waking and sometimes right throughout the day. My GP prescribed me pregabalin which I shall start taking tommorow, just wondered if you have any advice re side effects and actual helpfulness of the drug with regards to anxiety?

Thanks.
Jo.xx