PDA

View Full Version : Newbie!

drguineapig
01-05-10, 17:54
Hi

I'm Nora, just turned 40 and had some sort of anxiety on and off all my life - even remember it as a child. I now work in academia and have spent 6 years researching the history of anxiety and depression, so I'm really interested in it as well.

Currently mildly anxious, but had a terrible winter (does anyone else here get much worse in the dark winter?!) where the combination of family and work - and freezing weather, nearly pushed me to the limit.

Tend to worry about everything, health anxiety, flying phobia, phobia of lifts. To look at me you'd not know (I wonder if others are like this too?), so it's a kind of internalised stress. Also had fear of public speaking which I've had to get over or I couldn't do my job.

Today's worry is a pain in my ribcage which has moved around the back during the day. I had a minor rear-shunt car accident on Wednesday and wonder if it's because of that. But currently convinced it's something fatal as usual.

Great to find this site and will look forward to being in contact with others on it.

Bye for now :)

diane07
01-05-10, 17:56
Hi drguineapig

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

staypositive
01-05-10, 18:37
Hey Nora, welcome to NMP. I hope you find lots of support on here

Danny :)