PDA

View Full Version : I flyed!

Thefear7
01-05-10, 18:41
i have am currently recovering from agoraphobia and 4 months ago i could not leave the house and go to the local shops which were right across the road.

I was so nervous before the flight and i was thought i would not be able to fly and mess it up. But i managed to fly to Oslo, Norway via Copenhagen last night and it was absolutely fantastic achievement for me.

Went to the airport (in bham, uk) and i went about an hour and a half before the flight, stepped into the airport and was slighty anxious, but checked in calmly. I had to wait 45mins to board the flight and walked around the airport slightly anxious and kept saying to myself i have flied before and this is nothing new, so i boarded the flight calmly and when it took off i even looked through the window and i kind of enjoyed the thrill of taking off. then about 30 mins later i got really anxious and even thought about telling the stewardess (airplane ladies) that i wasnt well and i needed help, but i didnt ask for help and i stayed strong in my head and thought about god (when you have problems, sometimes religion can help). then about 20mins of being nervous the guy who was sitting next to me moved from his seat and then i felt really releaxed because i kind of hate tight situations. then later we boarded in copenhagen and i was happy but i knew the it wasnt over yet and i had another flight to catch.

in copenhagen airport it stayed calm for a while but then slight anxiety and negative thoughts came to my head (thought i was gonna have a panic attack in this airport and embarass myself) but i listened to my music and then 30 mins later i boarded the flight to oslo with a big smile, because i knew it was only an hour and i was kind of used to flying because of the previous flight. this flight was so smooth and i even ordered something eat and leant back and listened to my music until and then landed in norway.

The things that helped me were positive thoughts, thoughts about god and i wasnt alone, music helped me aswell because it kept me distracted.

Good luck to any of you guys who will fly and remember POSITIVE THOUGHTS

Kelley
02-05-10, 12:46
Thanks for the post! What a wonderful achievement for you. I am flying in a couple of weeks and am scared out of my wits! I haven't flown for 11 years, so your story has given me some encouragement :)

Thankyou,
Kel x

diane07
02-05-10, 12:50
A huge well done to you,

what a very inspiring thing to read, you must be so proud of yourself. :yesyes:

di xx

Granny Primark
02-05-10, 13:53
What an amazing achievment.:yesyes:
WELL DONE!!!!!
I so wish I could get on a plane again.

gypsywomen
02-05-10, 14:07
hi you have done so well good for you must have took courage :)

sb001f8994
02-05-10, 15:13
Great news, huge pat on the back for you, very well done