PDA

View Full Version : Worrying about my husband

countrygirl
01-05-10, 20:44
6 weeks ago my husband came down with flu ( i followed him a week later!) which left an awful cough for both of us. The cough improved hugely after about 3 weeks for both of us but just over a week ago my husband started coughing again - same cough as when he had the flu but difference is he didn't feel at all ill with it. I tried last week to get him to go to Dr but he said as he felt fine he would wait and see and I finally got him to agree to an appt which is next Wednesday ( he can see a Dr anyday at open clinic but appts you have to wait a few days).

Yesterday he said his cough was moving things like loads of yukky gunk that had been stuck in his throat (sorry tmi!) and also loads of same gunk down nose when he blows it. When pushed he admitted that the gunk is nasty and green. He still says he feels fine and has no chesty problems and he is sure its just old infected stuff from his nose going into his throat.

He is happy to wait till next Wed to see Dr to see if he can clear it himself but of course my health anxiety is in overdrive. Many many years ago he got pneumonia which hit out of the blue with no infection symptoms just inability to breathe so he says he knows when its serious.

My health anxiety includes anyone I love as well arghhhhhhh